• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA At my wit's end...

Country
unitedkingdom
Please could someone help me with this problem?
I've tried unsuccessfully for over a year now trying to remove a runway from a stock airport but I just get nowhere....ADE always shows an error message when I try to compile after highlighting and deleting the runway.
All I want to do is remove a single runway so that it doesn't show in FSX but everything I've tried leads me to the same result, usually having to reinstall FSX.

The airport is OLBA and runway 16 which goes into the sea. The bgl file is APX57190.bgl.

Many, many thanks if you are happy to help, I seem to have gone as far as I can go. If it's possible, perhaps someone can remove the runway and post the new bgl. so I can paste it into FSX Scenery and overwrite the current file.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Did you remove the black runway lines as well? Is that the only runway at the airport? It must have one. And why do you care what default file it is in? You NEVER edit that. You create a new ADE BGL file and place that into an active scenery folder.

I just did that and removed runway 16 no problem.

olba_fsx-16.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you Tom for your reply. I've tried everything over the last year. There are three other runways. All I want to do is turn your screenshot into my attached one where the runway and land are gone so the coastline is basically straight south to north. That's it. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• olba_fsx-16_edit.jpg
    olba_fsx-16_edit.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 76

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
What version of ADE are you using? I'm using 1.76, but any 1.7 series should work.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Should work fine. Don't know what's wrong, sorry...

What's the error message?

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Tom, these three screenshots show the error messages I see when I go to compile the changes.
My FSX pc is not online due to Windows 10 updates messing everything around.
Regarding the update "SP1a", is that something I can download from another pc and then put it on a USB and install to the FSX pc? If so, is that likely to mess my FSX configuration up? I'm using FSX Acceleration.

Attachments

• ADE compile error 1.jpg
    ADE compile error 1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 69
  • ADE compile error 2.jpg
    ADE compile error 2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 73
  • ADE compile error 3.jpg
    ADE compile error 3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
The update SP1a is to the SDK, it has nothing to do with FSX itself and will not affect it. This could be the problem, I don't know. I believe the Acceleration Pack comes with its own updated SDK that you can install from the disks?

The first error is because you probably do not have FSUIPC installed, which you can download from Pete Dawson's web site and put on a USB stick. It gives you a red cross in ADE where your plane is located if you are running FSX at the same time. You can also move your plane in FS and press keys to add a node or parking spot from within FS. Also, in ADE you can move the plane around or jump to the plane's location.

The second error doesn't actually show the error, it's further down. All I see is a 5000 ft warning, which is no problem.

Country
unitedkingdom
I have FSUIPC showing under the FSX add-ons tab but opening it up, I notice it says it is unregistered. That's because FSX and all it's components have never been on an on-line PC due to the very problematic Windows 10 auto updates that have plagued me so that's probably why this is showing.

Attachments

• FSUIPC window.jpg
    FSUIPC window.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 63
Country
england
I have FSUIPC showing under the FSX add-ons tab but opening it up, I notice it says it is unregistered. That's because FSX and all it's components have never been on an on-line PC due to the very problematic Windows 10 auto updates that have plagued me so that's probably why this is showing.
Unregistered is normal for the free version of fsuipc. (Nothing to do with internet connection) There is also a pay version.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've installed the p3d sdk exe file. In ADE, I now have a green TEST icon instead of red which is great to see. I'll work on some obscure airport on another continent as a guinea-pig test and see how that goes. I only use the one airport in FSX so don't want to make a mess of it.
Will try to follow Tom's YSSY edit tutorial and see if I can get it to work finally.

Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you Tom.

I took Jon's advice and installed the P3D v1.4 SDK file without issue.
However, as soon as I load any airport into ADE, the Issue Manager turns red before I do anything. The 'Issues Found' states "Your BGL Compiler will not compile properly. Update to at least SP1a." So that's a problem before I even get started. I think this has been my problem all along.

FSX is installed on my D drive, not C/Programs(x86) and ADE is being run each time with admin rights.
I've been googling this all day before posting back here, no luck.

Country
unitedkingdom
Think I found the issue...I had a SDK folder within the main SDK folder, so two SDK folders and yes, ADE was pointing to the internal one. Fixed that.
But no compile errors now, all green. Ran a test on a remote airfield in Congo and removed a couple of backed up minor taxi ways and it worked.
Thanks everyone, especially Tom, for your patience, very much a huge learning curve for me.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've made a lot of progress now. I managed to remove the seaward runway and the land that it is built on, modify the coastline using ADE and everything has compiled nicely.
I've hit a brick wall on the final edit, however.
As you can see in the picture, there remains an outline of where that runway was. That needs to go but I don't know what I have to do to remove it. I've tried many excludes and polygons but no luck.
Once that is completed, then I'm done....just this one last problem.

Attachments

• FSX.jpg
    FSX.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 69

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Those are probably shorelines. Create a terrain polygon with Exclude General/Shorelines (or whatever it says similar to that) and that should remove them. I usually use small exclude triangles cutting into the shoreline (as many as needed) but a big one works too.