• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender export problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi guys, can anyone shed any light on this problem. I have both Blender 2.9 and 3.5 installed and quite successfully export to MSFS. Recently both versions started to throw Python errors when attempting to export. After numerous attempts to clean up and try different versions of the plugins I removed all traces of Blender and its addons.

The original error I was getting was 'Attribute error: Object 'object' has no attribute 'proxy'

I have now reinstalled Blender 3.6 from scratch and and attempting to install the exporter addon here https://github.com/AsoboStudio/glTF-Blender-IO-MSFS/releases/download/v1.3.1/io_scene_gltf2_msfs.zip

However selecting the addon in Blender > Edit Preferences give me this

View attachment 88795

any ideas gratefully accepted

Thanks

Brian

Country
australia
Hi Asobo. I read some time ago that the Asobo exporter didn't work with some later versions of Blender - I still only user version 3.1.0 (Asobo exporter works ok with it).
I assume that it will only work with versions up to 3.3.x LTS?

Country
us-louisiana
Gentlemen and Ladies (If present) I have spent the last five to seven days trying to get a 3D model into MSFS 2020. I have watched YouTube videos and read the Asabo instructions. I have perused the Blender forums on this site. All to no avail.

During the FSX/P3D days I built simple airport scenery. When MSFS 2020 came along I attempted to learn the techniques to create the same scenery within MSFS but never could understand enough. So, I put it aside and moved one to other things.

I have now decided to try again. I need something to keep my 75 year old brain from complete atrophy. I have managed to update a couple of local airports using MSFS’s built in default scenery. However, I cannot for, the life of me, get one of my own Blender models into MSFS.

I have tried using the MSFS Tool kit. It creates GLTF and XML files but no BIN file. When I put the two files into modelLib and try to place them into MSFS they don‘t show up in the Objects dialog box.

I have tried for days to get the Asobo glTF-Blender addon to work. It is installed and shows in the side menu but when I export nothing happens. No files are created. I have tried with one of my FSX Blend models and even the basic cube. I can’t get the program to export them.
Screenshot 2023-08-09 145318.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-09 145409.jpg

I am at a total loss and completely frustrated. Maybe one of you knows what I am doing wrong. I am going to try and attach two screenshots of the glTF-Blender dialog. Maybe one of you can find the error.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Country
us-louisiana
I have tried 3.2 and 3.3. I am using 2.9 for the MSFSTool Kit. Here is the zipped Blend. And, thank you.

John

Attachments

• Test2.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 62

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,
If you use the MSFSTool kit from Vitus, and plan to use the Asobo plugin for Blender, you should take in account some points:
1 - install a 3.3.5 LTS version of Blender (take the ZIP version which don't need an installation) newer Blender versions are not supported by the plugin
2 - don't suppess the gltf plugin embedded in this version
3 - install the Asobo plugin for Blender (v1.3.1) as Rhumbaflappy said
4 - migrate your textures (created with the Vitus plugin) as explained in the documentation : https://github.com/AsoboStudio/glTF-Blender-IO-MSFS, before exporting your first project.
if you create a new project with Asobo plugin, you don't need to migrate textures.

Country
italy
Gentlemen and Ladies (If present) I have spent the last five to seven days trying to get a 3D model into MSFS 2020. I have watched YouTube videos and read the Asabo instructions. I have perused the Blender forums on this site. All to no avail.

During the FSX/P3D days I built simple airport scenery. When MSFS 2020 came along I attempted to learn the techniques to create the same scenery within MSFS but never could understand enough. So, I put it aside and moved one to other things.

I have now decided to try again. I need something to keep my 75 year old brain from complete atrophy. I have managed to update a couple of local airports using MSFS’s built in default scenery. However, I cannot for, the life of me, get one of my own Blender models into MSFS.

I have tried using the MSFS Tool kit. It creates GLTF and XML files but no BIN file. When I put the two files into modelLib and try to place them into MSFS they don‘t show up in the Objects dialog box.

I have tried for days to get the Asobo glTF-Blender addon to work. It is installed and shows in the side menu but when I export nothing happens. No files are created. I have tried with one of my FSX Blend models and even the basic cube. I can’t get the program to export them.
View attachment 89178View attachment 89179
I am at a total loss and completely frustrated. Maybe one of you knows what I am doing wrong. I am going to try and attach two screenshots of the glTF-Blender dialog. Maybe one of you can find the error.
When exporting you need to tell what you want to export, please tick the collection and try again 😉

Attachments

• IMG_20230810_111853.jpg
    IMG_20230810_111853.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 64

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Tweaked the file a bit. All the above advice is good! This blend file was made with Blenderv3.3.3 and should work with Blender3.3.5 It might work with v2.9
I would get rid of Camera and Light.

Attachments

• Test2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Country
us-louisiana
Hi,
If you use the MSFSTool kit from Vitus, and plan to use the Asobo plugin for Blender, you should take in account some points:
1 - install a 3.3.5 LTS version of Blender (take the ZIP version which don't need an installation) newer Blender versions are not supported by the plugin
2 - don't suppess the gltf plugin embedded in this version
3 - install the Asobo plugin for Blender (v1.3.1) as Rhumbaflappy said
4 - migrate your textures (created with the Vitus plugin) as explained in the documentation : https://github.com/AsoboStudio/glTF-Blender-IO-MSFS, before exporting your first project.
if you create a new project with Asobo plugin, you don't need to migrate textures.
I want to say, "Thank you." to everyone who replied. Your suggestions helped me immensely.

2 - don't suppess the gltf plugin embedded in this version I do not understand what this is or how NOT to do it.

I got 3.3.5 to work. However, on some of my older blend files I am not getting a Bin file created. Newly created test files work fine. If I have to redo some of my models, it's no big deal. It will help me to brush up on my Blender skills.

Again, I really appreciate the help. You pointed me in the right direction. I should be able to navigate to my Blender-MSFS destination from here.

John

Country
us-louisiana
Tweaked the file a bit. All the above advice is good! This blend file was made with Blenderv3.3.3 and should work with Blender3.3.5 It might work with v2.9
I would get rid of Camera and Light.
Thank you so much! I am looking forward to putting some of Louisiana's airports back on the MSFS map.

John

Country
france
Hello.
JMig, you should also name properly your collection of objects, finishing by LOD_00, LOD_01, etc, to help the exporter to reconized the collections, and create a xml file directly usable bay MSFS scenery tool.

You can see in the example below, how the exporter is filled.
Image1.jpg

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
2 - don't suppess the gltf plugin embedded in this version I do not understand what this is or how NOT to do it.
When you install a clean Blender version, you can find yet a gltf-2 () plugin which is activated (menu File - Export - ... ). This one is needed to export with the Asobo plugin which is named extended glt-2().
In the menu File - Export you should have the two activated :cool:

Country
us-louisiana
When you install a clean Blender version, you can find yet a gltf-2 () plugin which is activated (menu File - Export - ... ). This one is needed to export with the Asobo plugin which is named extended glt-2().
In the menu File - Export you should have the two activated :cool:
Yes, thank you. I have it. I am still trying to figure out why my FSX/P3D Blend models won't compile a Bin file. New models do, but my existing models won't. Other than that, I have everything working. Again, I thank you and everyone else for the help.

John

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Yes, thank you. I have it. I am still trying to figure out why my FSX/P3D Blend models won't compile a Bin file. New models do, but my existing models won't. Other than that, I have everything working. Again, I thank you and everyone else for the help.

John
Just a reminder. It's better to start a new thread rather than pile-on to an existing thread. I'm locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.