• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Bump map conflicks with fx_vclight effect.

Country
unitedstates
Bump map conflicks with fx_vclight effect. When using a night effect light like the cabin light the rug texture which has bump map will show up bright and not showing the normal day texture.
Does anyone have a workaround?

So the choice is between settling for reduced detail of the floor of the VC and figuring out why the software does not render the increased detail properly? How much more detail is it?

So the choice is between settling for reduced detail of the floor of the VC and figuring out why the software does not render the increased detail properly? How much more detail is it?
It basically is solid white but still has some of the lines of detail.

I hope there is a workaround. Because i like using light effects for cabin lighting that is not part of the panel circuit. This keeps the circuit separate without relying on the panel being turned on first.

Well my question had been, how much more detail does a VC carpet bump map provide, on the basis it's detail may not be worth dealing with the conflict, but I think it may actually be a matter of export settings. I would recommend you make some changes in both your Source Blend and Destination Blend in MCX and see if that has any affect.

Well my question had been, how much more detail does a VC carpet bump map provide, on the basis it's detail may not be worth dealing with the conflict, but I think it may actually be a matter of export settings. I would recommend you make some changes in both your Source Blend and Destination Blend in MCX and see if that has any affect.

Not much detail in the rug. The walls and seats do have some good bump effects. I planned to test but because so many options in source blend and destination blend i figured i would ask first. Also i opened a vote on my Facebook group page and do far users would rather have more circuit systems for independent lighting control rather than bump maps. So i have a feeling it will be like all my other aircraft and i will have no bump maps for interior parts minus the glareshield.

Ok, but I'd still experiment with the material settings. In my system, the default for Emissive Properties is "AdditiveNightOnly" and I think I'd try a few of the blend settings before giving up on the bump maps.

Ok, but I'd still experiment with the material settings. In my system, the default for Emissive Properties is "AdditiveNightOnly" and I think I'd try a few of the blend settings before giving up on the bump maps.
I tried 35 different settings using the source blend and destination blend and nothing works. Light effects and bump at night just does not work together.

There is always the other method where i make a second set of parts and use 1 for bump effects when the light circuit is off and another set with no bump for when the light is on. The question i have for this method is will the visibility tag prevent the FPS from getting a hit if 1 set is always hidden?

After over two years of effort, I never managed to get VC bump maps to work properly with .fx lights. Fortunately, the company I work for has a proprietary system which will blend lightmaps with their respective FSX Materials dynamically. For P3D we use RealLights to accomplish the same thing.

Ach now you tell us, well at least we - he only spent a small fraction of two years trying.

Back