• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Can I use the SDK Tools/Addons with FSX:SE?

Country
netherlands
Mr GaryGB thanks for your reaction, really appreciate it.
Been a simmer since FS 4/5 3 1/2 diskette wireframe. Purchased all following versions when they came out. Usually had to wait
between 5 to 10 years before I could buy a pc that could run that version. So I was allways about 10 years behind the development
of the Sim. Only this year I bought my new PC. I knew I had FSX Gold laying and waiting since 2010 somewhere in my stuff.
I found it and I installed it. My new PC is a great improvement for me but it is still not a 'blockbuster' in SIM terms.
FSX Gold worked but with issues. Been tweaking for month's , things improved , I kept the feeling that I did not get the maximum out of it. Checking the 'sites' I found that FSX Steam is probably a better and more solid basis to begin with. I had forgotten about it but I bought my FSX Steam in 2016 but that also stayed unused. So Yes I first had FSX Boxed on my PC, then, can't remember excactly,
problably I did install FSX Steam alongside the boxed version. I do remember that I did uninstall my boxed version almost immediately after I installed my FSX. However as it looks now there is probably a big possibility that some traces of my 'old'
boxed version are still present somewhere on my SSD and in my registry.
It's a long story: After setting up my FSX Steam I installed: FlyAwayScenery Free Global Mesh. works wonderfull, Then I bought : Flight1 UTX USA, Upon Installation I got an error message ( much like the IS3 errors) saying that the required Scenery.cfg file
was not present in: Name\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX . This was due to a faulty registry value because this file is in fact in:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. I only could solve the error by making a change in the registry:
under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft_Games. I had to delete a 'sub-tree' and then my Flight1
UTX products all installed fine and worked fine. here's the link: So I've been in the registry before but I cannot read it and find errors in it if there are.
But only 4 month's after I managed to solve this UTX problem and I deleted all visible traces of a prior FSX setup before my 'Steam'
did I buy Instant Scenery 3 and tried to install it.
So if nothing else works I will probably have to search and request Flight1 for info and try to open the registry again
and search for a fault entry, if you could be of any assistance here I would highly appreciate that.
(Your first question: I allways 'rightclick' on installers and uninstallers to run them.
Thanks again for your time and regards ,
I7 6700K GTX1050TI4G 16GDDR4 SSD 500G : C:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX
Peter

Country
us-illinois
Hi Folks

ubotes
You're editing the wrong dll.xml

dll.xml

The version in FSX root folder is only a TEMPLATE used for repairing FSX.
The various versions in the SDK folders are only EXAMPLES for you to manually copy.
The only version that FSX reads is that from your roaming profile

Please see the FS Developer - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX) - Troubleshooting
Particularly the sections titled Configuration and FSX in-game Tools menu

Start with a clean dll.xml
ensure the 3 FSX SDK default tools are fully functioning
before
you incorporate any entries for ADDONS

HTH
ATB
Paul

Hi Paul:

Thanks for catching that DLL.XML 'path' issue that I missed above; looks like I've kept too many late nights recently ! :oops: :laughing:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...k-tools-addons-with-fsx-se.444148/post-848464

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Peter:

I agree with Paul's caveat above, and also recommend a review of the very meticulous process Jeff (aka "QuantumLeap") provided you with in the thread at SimForums.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic57694.html

After making backups and verifying that your system is configured as you were after Jeff's process,
I recommend that you abide by Paul's caveat and start with a clean DLL.XML 'template' inside the [FSX install path] root folder.

This 'may' require an un-install / re-install of FSX_SE and all add-ons.

Thus, the fact that you installed FSX_SE after FSX_DVD had already been installed (even though it was later un-installed / 'deleted') likely means that FSX_SE was initially forced to create and use non-default FSX-related File / Folder paths, and Windows Registry entries that confound and complicate your efforts to get some FS add-on products to install.

IMHO, FSX_SE is an invitation to trouble. :stirthepo

However, before doing something as drastic as an un-install / re-install of FSX_SE and all add-ons, there may be an alternative. :idea:

Please bear in mind that I do not use FSX_SE as AFAIK, I can manually add any tweaks DoveTail added to the Steam version of FSX.EXE to my FSX_DVD version by making edits to my FSX_DVD FSX.Cfg file, and all my add-ons run with no problems, incompatibilities, or unavailable updates for existing products I've bought.. ;)

[EDITED]

But, if you wish to try this as a last attempt to salvage your existing installation:

Place a copy of the DLL.XML in your post ...here:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...k-tools-addons-with-fsx-se.444148/post-848363

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

...inside the proper 'active' location for FSX ...here:

c:\Users\[user profile name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

NOTE: I am not certain whether FSX_SE has a different 'active' location for DLL.XML compared to FSX_DVD

FYI: Most add-on modules also write entries into the 'active' FSX.Cfg file [Trusted] section, in addition to making entries in the DLL.XML and/or EXE.XML files.

Having these entries written into FSX.Cfg 'may' complicate a simple re-installation of some add-ons such as IS3, so I would hesitate to state that you will be guaranteed success if you 'only' try to edit your DLL.XML and/or remove / re-install IS3. :alert:

"Run As Administrator", this utility:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\ModuleInstaller.exe

..Next, click: 'Uninstall Flight Simulator Modules'; then click: 'Install Flight Simulator Module(s)'

Start FSX, and see if FSX displays IS3 as an option under FSX Menu > Add-ons pull-down menu.

[END_EDIT]

Let me know how these latter suggestions work for you, if you decide to try it. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Mister GaryGB , first of all things: thanks for your kind reply and the effort you made to help me get a little further. First I enclose a copy of my FSX.CFG as it is
today after the last IS3 install of 3 days ago. there are 3 lines at the bottom: On 1 side I'm happy you directed me to those lines, maybe they hold further
clues as to where to find a solution. On the other side I'm confused where these entries come from. (I've put 1,2, and 3 before the lines)
(Show hidden and system files is checked 'on' in my explorer) (when I write 'Run' I mean Rightclick and Run as Adm.....)

1) C:\InstantScenery don't know where that comes from or what it does, I have no folder 'InstantScenery' on C:\
(My 'InstantSceneryFSX.dll' is in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Instant Scenery 3\)
2) I downloaded From Flight1 demo Airport Studio to see if maybe that would show up in FSX menu, after install and restart it did not show up in my FSX
menu so I uninstalled it throught 'Control Panel programs'
3) As with all my Flight1 add-ons I run the installer from my \Downloads folder and I place the Program Installer in the default C:|Prom Files (x86) as suggested
by the installer. Then I run the actual installer into my FSX from there (C:\Program Files (x86)

I know that in [Trusted] the value after '=' 1 or 2 = determains if it is active or activated but I'm unable to take any step based on that.

From FSX.CFG [Trusted]-----------------
1) C:\InstantScenery\InstantSceneryFSX.dll.rbnhenntwewkccwhqurcquqotohilrekokabokan=1
2) C:\Program Files (x86)\Airport Studio\AirportStudioFSX.dll.zrqolcibrhnnuilerzwnebkehrkcntwuewhrnwqn=1
3) C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll.aelewlqukbnbrcttqibhlhhlwiczbikloaqwhkln=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What would you think if I delete lines 1) and 2) from FSX.CFG manually in Notepad, save it and then proceed to your actions :
(I take it you meant Uninstall and Install ..........)
..Next, click: 'Uninstall Flight Simulator Modules'; then click: '(Un????) install Flight Simulator Module(s)' <<<<<<<<<<<
Start FSX, and see if FSX displays IS3 as an option under FSX Menu > Add-ons pull-down menu.

Just to be sure : Is it an issue that In my FSX menu there is no seperate 'Add on' button at all, not even one for FSUIPC4 ?
I uninstalled LVLD B767 last week (through Control Panel), can I manually delete the LVLD.DLL lines from my FSX CFG also.
( I think I will make a backup from my present FSX.CFG now and delete all lines manually through Notepad and safe a new
copy. (Or I will make the backupcopy and then just delete the whole FSX.CFG and let FSX write a new one, I'll keep you

informed.
>>>> Thanks again for any suggestions you would be so kind to make here. Stay well and regards Peter <<<<<<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my : Name\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\XML.DLL

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path> (the path is correct....)
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Trusted]
Modules\LVLD.dll.atolqulohotlczrzbwzurhqkuukqilacrqkoweik=1
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.baqwihiwquneutelbzwtuqrrberazbrtleiloeho=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna.dll.bzwabazctuwzbueqnubkwllwztuubllozhtzczla=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna172.dll.hbwtnutbtwiknohcqeboobaklaoboekzocwttruk=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna182s.dll.wbqhuuohknhhitinlrzbctocuekuoeiuoekeklue=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CessnaWAlpha.dll.eiwhkboiictnrreuuhituqoezroilnelkbelbtza=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bendix_king_radio.dll.ireezhoubaeboqthobhbabzulbuloobtuhllzoqz=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bell_206B.dll.auqruroabakwbouawnbtzzncrertownuwlckwkcr=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\KingAir.dll.iinalktwqtlqccciiazqczuhwakutlwuozcnnnke=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_AP_FACE.gau.zlklneauoqbwweubhiqtqnacnobnciobkuuzelqn=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\KingAir_radio.dll.wkchunleooqwqokntquawuleeaeluuzbezrlettn=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_LAND_LITE.gau.ilkieuezwublrlankulrlauananweocutihruhiw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_TAXI_LITE.gau.hnqcuikiqqtiltetclzrknieqeqhruzhnuulanqn=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_ICE_LITE.gau.iquhtnqrzbeelchnnurchluehelqkoolzocneqbn=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_NAV_LITE.gau.bzlbqneurweqlkrrietreztozkttanhkkrtzkzek=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_BEACON_LITE.gau.nbhnknqozliuuhbbirincebnwbccalzakzlqtwco=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_STROBE_LITE.gau.uqlqwhzbubrorowbbctiwbizhzczrcaqrqiuezrw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_RECOG_LITE.gau.eolaequuclcenbbzotwqnhrnicunriqqrinuqrha=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_LOGO_LITE.gau.ztuoraktwhlraobaiaqnaracziuqtobnieoccttb=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_PANEL_LITE.gau.aehrunbawqtiirrkkqohnuwkcetckheonnzlnzoh=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Magnetic_Compass.dll.wwnollnroioclnihchrrnnubboknchwrkciahhno=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_L_FUEL.gau.zorhlacoikatceknczebhtrzbtawnzlbzulzlkbo=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_R_FUEL.gau.kocbtqoteizirkbwucrnwuniuiaewurwhktaetzh=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_B1900_FLAP_GAUGE.gau.nhktlaleohcbqibotknqnlbalnnrichubibkhoto=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Qw757.gau.rrioacltwwntlkkikituubcantnewbiqrzerkuzi=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\QW757_TCAS.gau.zuzwhqqantculachbrwttuozarikcqkkbeinakbq=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_pa28_warrior\panel\jfpa28_radios.gau.bonirhuooribtttznqnbnerntuouzubzuezqehar=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\QWBae146.gau.kehbenorhqcikoilctaqwzoohhoeabteaobuihte=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\QWBae146_TCAS.gau.uwibethzihniaookrciwzkezezobhtackkbokcou=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\737-400.dll.ieeqhrwtalhttnteakuzqziaackailtztcczeuzq=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Mooney_Bravo.dll.rqakeuuolhnkcbtwuklzbweblwwewubulqzbacqi=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767oh.gau.zcqhrblnnoruntlotbaqckuccriucaqrkwkrnhqw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767main.gau.oqbrkzulwkuqtrccltrhkzuhwbebinuqezrehtuk=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767Afds.GAU.wqazuccitqbloeqiekwcbcuchqbwkeeaznblclca=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767at.gau.qiqbunukkekuhaqctthztnannhcooubentaetrqi=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767FMC.gau.caowubtwcrcawthkunikrkenkirbueuenhzoerae=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767ehsi.gau.hiliobaequcocqciqahleehwczuhnetbkrwuwqkb=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767eadi.gau.qqunurkrwhcezukllrlehcinwhzzrbqnaluqbrhe=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767eicas.gau.zouerqqnzzwhtehwklnhauzbtcnrnaneuteitzbl=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767leicas.gau.krbcieklielqzuozcaqlacbhnrzhcltciikczzbw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767Overhead.GAU.wwbtzqzqwrqbrbcbhnlblwrntwlthwuceroqlqit=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767Pedestal.GAU.lqcehwhzuaqiakrlrlnoqhkeitccucatqrlorook=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\LVLD\B767Radios.gau.krbbuzacnewrrizcwkwnrlkrhourwcnionahhhlc=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\FSDNavajoX.dll.knlwnziuulwcuuaiezqtatcezoltelkukurlcwil=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna.dll.lukqlaaqlotbihnqolqwckribclnetlthnitwrlt=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna172.dll.helurulrqicenwbikcuohtauzwnkzlhkhrctqclz=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna182s.dll.nilkiwequztzzcnolezculatabhneneaaooqlqqq=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CessnaWAlpha.dll.ozqieuhnnknbziqrbwwlebiwbhernwlwhoukuuqw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bendix_king_radio.dll.tzeehuebnakqcluwowbhzhunwuebkrwwnrkweoil=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bell_206B.dll.zblrhlozqohhnktwauhzuraetaewenttulcwwhek=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Magnetic_Compass.dll.oqboaterwnqlbrrinouuezwowtqwlqqetiikeeol=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_pa38_Tomahawk\panel\jfpa38_radios.gau.rnnztriheolkezkkeaqlkkrkwrqzlrurlohtiklb=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\KingAir.dll.uwheobtquwhlobweeuzlaehuwrkzitlozwhlkbnk=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\KingAir_radio.dll.uuiarlwaclqrarktlnhoohraucniqociurbkzkha=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_pa34_seneca\panel\jfpa34_radios.gau.uazkrwrzcthbhtzttoaqknrubbqbczrqqenqnohk=2
Modules\LVLD.dll.alequnwzutcwwkuoaoubcecqbnbrzoqzrhkbwaqw=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\737-400.dll.wetehkkkkllnuhqcqqhbcqirhcbkzuaoztrqbknt=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Mooney_Bravo.dll.hzinnockeizhoncnlrczkookhnoqlazkqtekehoq=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_C152\panel\jfC152_radios.gau.aukqeleqnbokrclqluhwqawiltabnonquralilwi=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\QWBae146_2.gau.raioozikzqatqitikwwhitrtrwhrobalhwizkwii=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco CRJ 700NG\panel\CRJ700NG.dll.hntkwuleetzbbinruizqlncnneewibkiriqauteq=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Wilco CRJ 900NG\panel\CRJ900NG.dll.hqzczahalnhiunwechuucozbcnotzqwkrihhlkrb=2
C:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll.aztiuwhoakwntrutokqlhubquzloiqhuwqtbullt=1
C:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll.bzctbtkniiareobteiebhcitnhzowkuqoznriioc=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\EH101.dll.laikborrruekqelzwliznhnbcniewkoullnqizco=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\707-320.GAU.hahunreokokrzbeakhunatzaebuabanqrhkqubzc=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\737-400.dll.tuuiuqthebolraawzihqkrnlqqhueiuuwkzauwiw=2
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CONCORDE.GAU.wcueeiaiawnoqwcbwlewtotkbzqcecrroralrnru=2
C:\InstantScenery\InstantSceneryFSX.dll.rbnhenntwewkccwhqurcquqotohilrekokabokan=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Airport Studio\AirportStudioFSX.dll.zrqolcibrhnnuilerzwnebkehrkcntwuewhrnwqn=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll.aelewlqukbnbrcttqibhlhhlwiczbikloaqwhkln=1
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.azucwrqrnauhbchtzhctnlrhlihhuetihwbicoat=1
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\BoeingGeneric.dll.uhiulebbtwekiuhlcklhniiznarlnbhtbahulzzb=2

Country
us-illinois
Hi Peter:

While I noticed that I personally do not have a blank template copy of DLL.XML in my FSX install path root folder, I am able to un-install / re-install IS3. :scratchch

I do not recall whether it is required that one remove add-on entries from FSX.Cfg before attempting a un-install / re-install of an add-on such as IS3.

I suggest that if you now have a backup of your 'active' FSX.Cfg and DLL.XML files, first try leaving the entries for IS3 and Airport Studio in place.

...Then:

..Next, click: [Uninstall Flight Simulator Modules] button; then click: [Install Flight Simulator Module(s)] button

Let me know how these updated suggestions work for you; I'll comment on getting FSUIPC running later on ...after resolving IS3 issues. :)

FYI: Although ADE, SBuilderX and other FS utilities do use and require FSUIPC, Instant Scenery, AFX, Airport Studio etc. do not require FSUIPC to be installed.

PS: AFAIK, Flight1 Airport Studio and Airport Facilitator X (aka "AFX") are not yet compatible with FSX_SE; but they are compatible with FSX_DVD. :pushpin:

Sorry, I cannot advise on the proper protocol for un-installing LVLD B767 and removing its entries from FSX.Cfg, as I do not own that add-on.

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Hi Peter:
While I noticed that I personally do not have a blank template copy of DLL.XML in my FSX install path root folder, I am able to un-install / re-install IS3. :scratchch
I do not recall whether it is required that one remove add-on entries from FSX.Cfg before attempting a un-install / re-install of an add-on such as IS3.
I suggest that if you now have a backup of your 'active' FSX.Cfg and DLL.XML files, first try leaving the entries for IS3 and Airport Studio in place.
...Then:
..Next, click: [Uninstall Flight Simulator Modules] button; then click: [Install Flight Simulator Module(s)] button
Let me know how these updated suggestions work for you; I'll comment on getting FSUIPC running later on ...after resolving IS3 issues. :)
FYI: Although ADE, SBuilderX and other FS utilities do use and require FSUIPC, Instant Scenery, AFX, Airport Studio etc. do not require FSUIPC to be installed.
PS: AFAIK, Flight1 Airport Studio and Airport Facilitator X (aka "AFX") are not yet compatible with FSX_SE; but they are compatible with FSX_DVD. :pushpin:
Sorry, I cannot advise on the proper protocol for un-installing LVLD B767 and removing its entries from FSX.Cfg, as I do not own that add-on.
GaryGB
Well GaryGB , so much I would like to give a positive reply, if only for the efforts you made to help me ..............

I [rightclick] ran C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\ModuleInstaller.exe I only tick the FSX section. I Uninstall and Install the FSX line.
The moduleInstaller gives for each a confirmation of the edits in XML.DLL, the uninstall is correct, it deletes the IS3 lines from XML.DLL
Upon installation of the FSX section > no line is added to the : Name/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/XML.DLL file, but a new subfolder is
created : Name/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX-SE/ and a new XML.DLL is placed there with only the entry for Instant Scenery 3.

So then I have 2 XML.DLL files with the one containing the required IS3 line in a wrong folder. FSX-SE must be FSX only.
When I leave it like that and start my FSX nothing happens, it starts without IS3
When I copy the required lines from FSX-SE XML.DLL into FSX XML.DLL and I start my FSX then the error message comes up.
While it is possible to Ignore this and the following error messages, startup will finally result in a FSX CTD.

my XML.DLL after IS3 inclusion:
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery 3\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my IS3 Error Log ( I have so many of them now, they more or less all look the same....)

2020-07-09 19:17:59.866 C:\Users\Peter Bootes\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery\OnlineVersionUpdate.dat
2020-07-09 19:17:59.867 E221
2020-07-09 19:18:03.523 C:\Users\Peter Bootes\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery\OnlineVersionUpdate.dat
2020-07-09 19:18:03.523 data9=1
2020-07-09 19:18:29.309 FSX directory: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
2020-07-09 19:18:29.310 FSX version: 10.0.63003.0
2020-07-09 19:18:29.310 C:\Users\Peter Bootes\AppData\Roaming\Flight1\Instant Scenery\OnlineVersionUpdate.dat
2020-07-09 19:18:29.311 data9=1
2020-07-09 19:18:29.311 h=EBE00000 EC430000 EC538850 EBE44A70 EC2E0000 EC2EEDC0 EC1C0000 EC261520 EC272530 101 6BBD3678 EB36A190
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not an easy quitter , but sure this imposes some stress on my health now, I tend to get short tempered which is not good for the family.
I will not forget the efforts you've made to assist me. However I'm a bit dissapointed that I get no reply from Flight1 themselves:

Before buying IS3 I tried FSX SDK Object Placement Tool. It appeared in my FSX menu. I added an object, an XML was created in SDK
Environment Kit and saved as object, I named it : PeterTest.XML I saved it in the BGL Compiler SDK Folder. I dragged it on to the BGLComp.exe file,
The SSD worked, some flickering and faint ticks., so something is happening. But then nowhere on my harddrive i can find the resulting:
PeterTest.BGL . Did explorer search with more *****??? than letters , I cannot find the BGL file.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For now I will leave it , thanks a lot for your help, stay well, regards, Peter

Country
us-illinois
Hi Peter:

It can be challenging to sort these scenarios out now and then.

Feel free to take a break if its too frustrating; I'll be glad to try and help again when you are ready ... just let me know. :)

BTW: I use a utility to quickly search all NTFS drives using "*.BGL" as a query string when I cannot find a BGL file I created:

Then click the "Date Modified" column header in 'Everything' search utility to force a sort by date, so you can see if SDK BGLComp was successfully able to compile your XML source file to a BGL file.

IIUC, you are close to having this solved, but AFAIK, the IS3 DLL has not been updated for compatibility with FSX_SE, thus you get a CTD due to the FSX_SE FSX.exe file code base being different from FSX_DVD version of FSX.exe. ;)

I suspect registry pointers are re-directing FSX_SE environment paths to the FSX_DVD paths, confusing the IS3 module.

If you correct the FSX_SE registry pointers so they re-directing to the currently installed FSX_SE environment paths, you may be able to then un-install IS3 and then re-install it.

The IS3 ModuleInstaller should then be able to find FSX_SE, and offer the proper update for FSX_SE instead of FSX_DVD.

When ready, try using either / both utilities below to re-set Windows Registry pointers for FSX to your current FSX_SE path:

FSX Registry Utility

FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool

GaryGB

Last edited: