• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Can't remove autogen from scenery in ADE

Country
israel
Hi
I've tried to remove autogen from my scenery that was created for P3d v4.
Loaded it to V5 and it came up full of autogen.
Tried to remove those buildings with ADE but it failed to remove them.
Any solution?
Thanks

Country
unitedstates
What do you trying to remove the object of? building or tower or house Once a few weeks ago, I had struggles not remove default buildings. I found out that I edited afcad 2.22 a long time ago near the airport that cannot be removed. I found that airport hasn't show up default buildings. I started ADE9 and edit it. Load stock data. etc.. Saved it. I checked airport was fine back building and where I go back that where I couldn't remove default building at airport now it's gone. It worked. You should try to find near the airport that area if you could try to open ADE edit stock load data. See if works remove after ADE saved.

Stuart

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
We are currently working on the best way to move v4 projects to v5. As Stuart says you will need to load the stock data from v5 into the project and then delete the objects you don't want. At the moment that might also remove any v4 stock objects you left in the project. All bets are off with v4 stock placements since they may not be in v5. LM changed a lot of stuff and added more. They recompiled many of the airports and they are still updating them in the hot fixes they are releasing. We are testing a process to deal with v4 stock data placements that are in v4 project transferred to v5 but it might take several days more.

Make a safe copy of the v4 project then open it in v5. Go to Tools > Load Stock Data and load scenery objects. Then delete the objects in ADE that come from v5 that you don't want. Then compile it again and see how it works. This may not give you exactly what you want but I would be interested to see how you get on. Once you save the project in v5 rename it and make sure you don't load it back into v4 - it will likely fail

Country
israel
I've loaded the stock airport and removed the unwanted objects.
How can I save this as a new stock airport now?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Compile it? But this is your project - do not replace the stock bgl file with one you create for yourself. You may wipe out dozens of airports

Country
us-texas
Compile it? But this is your project - do not replace the stock bgl file with one you create for yourself. You may wipe out dozens of airports
Jon,

That's what I did with the project that Don has been helping me using AFLT. There may be a few artifacts, but nothing major. I only use stock buildings and everything appeared to come over to v5 without any problems. The aircraft models I built using MCX came over without any problems. I'm using the latest dev. build (7422 I think).

I have not tried AFLT yet, but hope to get to it today and will report back.

Country
australia
gday. i had opened a P3D v4 airfield in ADE and recompiled for FSX Steam.
sometimes it is the only way to get a basic airfield which isn't available in FSX.

as liorerez reported above, when i wanted to work on the file, i found
buildings which did not appear in the file and which i could not remove.

has any technique been found to remove such items? yeh, i know i am messin'
with a P3D v4 file in FSX Steam but it would be good to be able to use
the work already done.

Country
australia
only through ADE and a search for other YBSU files.
the line of buildings on the right in a line away from view
and most of the other buildings do not appear in ADE.

Attachments

• scenery.zip
    531 KB · Views: 186

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
The default airport at this location is YBMC. Your code is YBSU. You now have two airports on top of each other. To remove the stock buildings, you would need to load the stock YBMC into ADE, remove all the buildings, and compile it as a YBMC ADE BGL file. This compiled BGL file would go into the same folder as your YBSU ADE BGL files.

Hope this helps,

Country
australia
it certainly does and confirms my questions about this airport. i was wary of @scruffyduck 's comment
do not replace the stock bgl file with one you create for yourself. You may wipe out dozens of airports
but i do understand what you are saying here. this is an 'overlay' of the stock airport. the airport name has been changed and major works have been completed recently to make
a new runway 31.
thanks very much for your help with this.
regards
joe

Country
us-florida
What Scruffyduck is referring to is don't replace the default airport bgl with your ADE bgl as the default file contains many airports. You should put your ADE files into addon scenery/scenery or into this airport's scenery folder which along with a texture folder are subfolders of this airports folder. YBSU/scenery and texture. You do of course have to add this folder to your scenery library and make it active.