• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Change Lake/Ocean Elevation

Messages
51
Country
canada
Hey guys I've hit a snag and I'm not sure how to fix it. In the Nova Scotia data in their infinite wisdom they decided to make the Ocean elevation different from the rest of the data sets which all have it set correctly at 0m. In this case the Ocean is set at 1m high.

Does anyone know how I could select just the Ocean area and change it to 0m elevation. It's not as easy as simply changing everything that is 1m high as that will also affect the landmass. I wish there was a tool like your normal paint program's Fill command as that would be the quickest way. In that respect I know I could export the data as a GeoTIFF but the problem then would be after painting the 1m data with 0m colour how would I save the file and maintain it's GeoTIFF header? I don't have Photoshop btw only Paintshop Pro.

Thanks for any help you can give. :-)
 
I'm still stuck on this so has anyone got any clues? Something that I could do using Global Mapper would be ideal but right now I'll try any method!
 
Back
Top