• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Compiling Error - Not Identified by the Issue Manager

Country
us-georgia
I am new to using ADE, though involved regularly with Flight Sim since the 80s.

This is so excellent!! I had in the distant past without any real success tried to use FSX Planner. So a big thanks to all of you ahead of time for making these tools possible. I will be glad to help as my experience grows.

I have downloaded the excellent manual and have the SDK installed successfully with each step thru Acceleration's provision for that.

With a few challenges conquered, I have no problem getting the stock airport that I wish to edit KSUN with a green "no issues found" on the lower left and no fault shown in the Fault Finder. However, with a simple edit of moving a windsock a few feet, I can not Compile. I get the following error script. Can anyone guide me to a next step? I have abbreviated it as directed by the too long post message. Hopefully what I have included will be clear.

Again, Thanks ahead of time for your help.

This the error message that I get:

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know

what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below:

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling

Using BglComp....

Parsing document: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSUN_ADEX_BobD.xml

ERROR C2043: Invalid bottom texture ID: 148. [Max = 122]

ERROR C2031: Failed element parse <GenericBuilding>

ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData

ERROR: version = 9.0

ERROR: >

ERROR: <SceneryObject

ERROR: lat = 43.5050382837653

ERROR: lon = -114.299478828907

ERROR: alt = 0.0F

ERROR: altitudeIsAgl = TRUE

ERROR: pitch = 0

ERROR: bank = 0

ERROR: heading = 234.766845703125

ERROR: imageComplexity = DENSE

ERROR: <GenericBuilding

ERROR: scale = 1

ERROR: bottomTexture = 148

ERROR: roofTexture = 37

ERROR: topTexture = 0

ERROR: windowTexture = 118

ERROR:

ERROR C2157: Generic building requires a bottom texture!

ERROR C2159: Generic building requires a roof texture!

ERROR C2162: Failed to process generic building elements!

ERROR C2338: Failed to finalize BGL for scenery object!

ERROR: lat = 43.5050382837653

ERROR: lon = -114.299478828907

ERROR: heading = 234.766845703125

ERROR:

ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <SceneryObject> near line 739!

ERROR: lat = 43.5046989843249

ERROR: lon = -114.29914444685

ERROR: heading = 54.7833251953125

ERROR:

ERROR: lat = 43.5046989843249

ERROR: lon = -114.29914444685

ERROR: heading = 54.7833251953125

ERROR:

ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <SceneryObject> near line 776!

ERROR: lat = 43.5055878013372

ERROR: lon = -114.299859702587

ERROR: heading = 324.8876953125

ERROR: imageComplexity = VERY_DENSE

ERROR:

ERROR: lat = 43.5055878013372

ERROR: lon = -114.299859702587

ERROR: heading = 324.8876953125

ERROR: imageComplexity = VERY_DENSE

ERROR:

ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <SceneryObject> near line 813!

ERROR: lat = 43.5115040838718

ERROR: lon = -114.301184266806

ERROR: heading = 325.321655273438

ERROR:

ERROR: lat = 43.5115040838718

ERROR: lon = -114.301184266806

ERROR: heading = 325.321655273438

ERROR:

ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <SceneryObject> near line 850!

ERROR C2106: Improper value string for a library object name! ({fc51f5ec-fdac-4a06-aa65-17e3d2c5f330})

ERROR C2031: Failed element parse <LibraryObject>

ERROR: lat = 43.505922742188

ERROR: lon = -114.300311207771

ERROR: heading = 0

ERROR: imageComplexity = NORMAL

ERROR: <LibraryObject

ERROR: name = {fc51f5ec-fdac-4a06-aa65-17e3d2c5f330}

ERROR: scale = 1.00

ERROR:

ERROR C2174: Library Objects require NAME.

. . .

ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSUN_ADEX_BobD.xml

How did you start this project? The problems are all with generic buildings and library objects. The errors are not something that you can get using ADE in the normal way. So it seems possible that they were introduced in whatever you started with. It would help us if you attach the project file (.ad4 extension) to a post in this thread so we can take a look at it. Also attach the source file if you started other than from a stock airport.

How did you start this project? The problems are all with generic buildings and library objects. The errors are not something that you can get using ADE in the normal way. So it seems possible that they were introduced in whatever you started with. It would help us if you attach the project file (.ad4 extension) to a post in this thread so we can take a look at it. Also attach the source file if you started other than from a stock airport.

Thanks very much for your reply. I started by opening the stock airport KSUN (which needs a lot of work to modify to current real world), moved one of the wind socks a short distance as a test and then used Save Airport As. I then attempted to compile with the results you observed. Attached is the project file.

When first starting not knowing what I did not know, I tried to compile without completely installing the SDK. I have since done that before saving this project. Also another program that I suspect may be a problem is a payware called "Airport Wizard." It is a program that "improves" airport taxiways by adding viewable/realistic looking taxiway lights and smooths the taxiway curves. I believe using bezier curve fitting. I had removed those improvements before doing this work and project save but not sure it did not leave something behind.

Also, in attempting to help myself, I moved two files (I did not delete them) that showed in the Generic Building Manager but had no images called easterbody_test.dds and easterbody_test2.dds. I am not sure where they came from but that was likely not the right thing to do.

As I am new to this, I am fine to uninstall ADE and reinstall it or clear any of my work to date if that is helpful.

Again, thanks for this program and support of it. I am very much looking forward to using it.

Attachments

• KSUN_ADEX_BobR4.ad4
    45.5 KB · Views: 213
Which bglcomp are you using?

It compiles here using that from FSXA.

This is the object it is showing in your error list:

Looking again at the errors this definitely looks like an attempt to compile FSX code with the FS9 Compiler

Looking again at the errors this definitely looks like an attempt to compile FSX code with the FS9 Compiler

Thank You! If that is what is causing the errors, is the best solution to uninstall and do a clean reinstall? I sure appreciate your support!

Attachments

• FSX.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 229
You are definitely using the wrong compiler and the wrong compiler paths.

FsxCompilerPath=C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\FS9
FsxShp2VecPath=C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165

You are pointing ADE to the FS9 folder where there is a compiler but it is the wrong one and is giving the errors
You have not set the path to the Shp2Vec compiler at all - it is still pointing to your ADE installation folder

Before we do anything else you say you have installed the SDK - can you confirm that please and which folder you installed it to

Yes, I have installed SDK, completing the installations with the Acceleration version. This is the path I show Flight Simulator X SDK in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK. I did not change from the defaults directories as I went thru the installation programs. Sorry for the trouble on this and again, Thanks for your help.

Looking further, I have the SDX folder in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK directory. I am confused on the wrong compiler paths. I show different in the "New User Wizard." - Screen shot JPG attached. It looks to me like some of my earlier installation flubs did not clear. Thanks Again.

Attachments

• New User Wizard 2-12-17 SS.jpg
    New User Wizard 2-12-17 SS.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Make sure ADE is not running
  • Go to the FSX folder inside the main folder
  • Find the file called Settings.ini and delete it
  • Find the file called bglcomp.exe and delete it - make sure it is the .exe file and NOT the .xsd file that you delete. Leave bglcomp.xsd alone
  • Start ADE and the New User Wizard should appear - go through this and use the Find button on the folders page to set the paths to FSX and the compilers.
  • When you have finished close ADE and restart it. Hopefully this will get ADE to use the correct compilers

Thank You!!!!!!!!! That worked!!!!!!!!!! I made 2 adjustments to the same stock airport, (KSUN) and that compiled fine. My apologies for the false start and mucking up the works. I appreciate you and this forum's members as well as the manual. Now to go to work. :)

Back