• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Continuous Compiling Error AFLT 45213 for FS9

Country
unitedstates
Hi all,
I have been using AFLT without compiling issues until this current project. It complied when I first did the runway and part of the taxiways. But after coming back and finishing the lighting, I receive an Unhandled Exception Error. I am including a screenshot of the error. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Jeff
Screenshot (121).png

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
There's really no way for me to assess what's happening without your entire project folder and your reference airport .bgl. - which will allow me to set up identical conditions on my system. It might also be helpful if you described what you did to "finish the lighting".

Country
unitedstates
Hi Don,
thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't attach the project. To answer the questions:
  1. Reference airport is RCBS - Kinmen Airport in Taiwan
  2. As to finishing the lights - I started by adding the runway and approach lights, then saved the placement and complied the airport. Then a little while later, I re-opened the project, and added the taxi center lights and the wig-wag lights at the hold-short portions of the taxiways and saved the placement and compiled the airport. Up to this point, everything worked as normal. Finally, I went back and added the edge lighting. (I am forced to do this as copy and paste, because no matter how long the link is, for some reason it adds extra lights in unwanted places and I am unable to delete those lights, even after reading the manual several times and looking through the forums. - I can't re-highlight an already placed light and then move or delete it.)
  3. I will attach the files now for you to look at.
Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• RCBS.zip
    74 KB · Views: 101

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
When you said "finishing the lights", I assumed a few final touches.

Reference airport .bgl not included in zip. I used the stock airport, which is somewhat different from yours (as shown in the screenshot above) but which seemed adequate for test purposes. Bottom line, the compile was error free.

I then took a closer look at your screenshot above and noticed you are not using the latest release of AFLT. I am! So, it would seem you are experiencing an issue that was fixed some time ago. If you update to the latest release, all should be well.

Under the Options menu is an item Check for Updates at Startup. If you check that, you will be notified automatically when an update is made.

Country
unitedstates
Hi Don,
I have the update boxed checked, and when I go to the help tab and manually check for updates, it claims I have the most current update. I was under the impression that 4.5.2.13 is the latest version available.
Am I confused?
Please let me know what version number I should be looking for.
Thanks again for all your help.
Jeff

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I had a problem with the auto-update feature last year, and your current release may be one of those affected. Version 4.5.2.13's release wasn't that long ago, but there's a lot of water under the bridge in the interim. Go to http://stuff4fs.com, select Applications/Airfield Lights Toolbox, and click Latest General Release from the Main Menu. That will get you Version 4.5.3.4.

Country
unitedstates
Thanks Don,
I will do it and let you know what happens.
Thanks for all your efforts,
Jeff

Country
unitedstates
Hi Don,
Updating to version 4534 did the trick. The file compiles with no issues. I have not had a chance to test the delete and move functionality yet. But as soon as I do, I will let you know if I have issues.
Thanks again for everything,
Jeff