• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Convert Wizard Error

Country
us-northdakota
I have been trying to convert a Collada DAE to a bgl file and place it in P3dv4.4 and am getting the below errors.

Can someone please help me out.

Regards
Randall

Attachments

• fsdev333.jpg
    fsdev333.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 67

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Could it be there is another error above in the event log? This once seems to indicate the model MDL file was not there. So it could be that there was another error when trying to write that file.

Country
us-northdakota
Arno. Below is the complete log of some other scenery I am trying to convert from a DEA to a P3dv4.4 MDL using the import and then export as explained in the ModelX users manual.

Attachments

• ARFerror1.jpg
    ARFerror1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 63
  • ARFerror2.jpg
    ARFerror2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
  • ARFerror3.jpg
    ARFerror3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 54
  • ARFerror4.jpg
    ARFerror4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Arferror6.jpg
    Arferror6.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 58

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I would have to check against which version the P3D v5 SDK was build. It would be good to update the article with that information.

Country
us-northdakota
@arno,

Arno,

The VisualC++ 2013/19 made ModelConX functional.I just rebuilt the desktop.

I have another issue.

I am trying to place my objects into Pd34.5. I was able to successfully place one object in its correct location however the second one doing exactly the same process I did to get the first one to work is not working. I have tried to place the second object in the first object exact LAT/LON position but still it does not show up there

I have also tried the object placer wizard using the map button and still no luck.

Do you have any thoughts on what is happening and how to correct it.. I have included screenshots of my log.

Thank you.

Attachments

• mdx1.jpg
    mdx1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 49
  • mdx2.jpg
    mdx2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 54
  • mdx3.jpg
    mdx3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 48
  • mdx4.jpg
    mdx4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 57
  • mdx5.jpg
    mdx5.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 53

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I don't see any error from your log. Did you also convert the textures, missing texture can result in objects not to show.

Country
us-northdakota
@arno

So I found a away to create a bgl and get it into P3d. I am using the Batch tool in MXConveter then using SimDirector to place the object.

I am just trying to install the objects with no textures to see that they are the right scale with various aircraft.

Randy