• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Coverting Objects and Placement

Messages
392
Country
us-nevada
Not much of a clue in the title but here's the question example. I took the 2004 Greyhound drive able bus and converted it to a 3D static object. Came out real nice with three texture files however, when I placed it in to the FSX scenery it removed all of the auto gen buildings, trees, ext around it. I have had that happen with a couple of aircraft as well. Can I fix this and how?
 
Are you using the Object Placement GUI?

Capture.JPG
 
That will keep the autogen indeed. At which scale are you placing the object, because a bus should have a very big footprint.
 
How do I scale it and It is now false I changed it to true and , well ,I will try again. You know when I highlight it the red box is huge. That is what I need to change correct?
 
The red box is the bounding box of your object, this is also the area for which the autogen will be cleared. So I think it would be better to figure out why that bounding box is so huge.

If you look in the Object Information form you also see this huge size?
 
That's what I suspected. Now, your question, why is it so big and how do I make it smaller.
 
Like I said, check the object information form and check what bounding box is shown there. And try to see which part of the model causes this.
 
Normally the bounding box is calculated based on the geometry of the object. So I would first check if it is the actual geometry (polygons) that are so big or that something else causes this. The hierarchy viewer and the object information form should help you to dive deeper into the object.
 
I just went in and removed a section boundingbox and seemed to fix the issue. What other implications might this have?
 
There is still a bounding box but it is much smaller. Why would it have had one large and one small?
 
The object might have had a small polygon located way outside the bus. This would cause the bounding box to be very large.
 
As a matter of fact, yes. I brought it over from my FS2004 to use as a static object. Or trying to.
 
Back
Top