• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Crosswind Runways Not Working

Messages
231
Country
newzealand
Hello,

So I'm trying to get the crosswind runways to work at ESSA. FSX and P3DV3. ADEX v01.67.5684 Pro.

01L and 19R are both open for takeoffs and landings.
01R and 19L are both open for landings and closed for takeoffs.
08 is open for takeoffs but closed for landings. 26 is closed for takeoffs and opened for landings.

When I change the wind direction or speed the AI traffic will only use 01L/19R and 01R/19L but not 08/26.

How can I get the AI to use all three runways?

e5020cd5e1990fe1c1e608670ab3a0a7.jpg
 
The runway headings must be in numerical order in the listing above, they cannot jump around. 26.1, 41.6, 33.9 will not work. Each adjacent runway's heading must vary by less than the limit.
 
Tom is correct, it should look like this:

10.5
10.5
18.3
26.1
33.9
41.7
49.5
57.3
65.1
72.9
76.0

try this and hopefully it will now work :)
an easy test is to use ATIS to see if it calls out all runways
 
Made the edits but still not working. The ATIS will only call out ILS 1R, ILS 1L, 2, 3, 4L then ILS 19L, 19R, 20, 21 and 22R then it stops there.

fc9585a432f8a6c63a8d3439efe6ce70.jpg
 
Hmmm!! the first runway called should be 01L not 01R as its at the top of the list
did you start this from a stock Arlanda airport? or is this an addon scenery, as your figures are not the same as the default airport!

I did this (stock) airport for another developer and this list is totally different to yours, this is that list Eddy:

1Rl19L - 10.4
1L19R - 10.4 - not 10.5
2/20 - 18.2
3/21 -26.0
4R/22L - 33.8
4L/22R - 41.6
5R/23L - 49.4
5L/23R - 57.2
6/24 - 65.0
7/25 - 72.8
8/26 - 75.9

and this airport has all 3 runways operating perfectly when both of us tested it.................
 
I started it from stock then removed everything except the runways, navaids and comms. This is for an addon scenery. I had to realign the runways to match the ground polys.

I've attached the AD4 file if it helps.
 

Attachments

stock? but the runways are at a different length than stock, so you changed the runway headings and the length then?
I'll take a look, might be later or tomorrow morning as I'll be having dinner in an hour Eddy..........
 
Yeah I changed the headings and length to match them to the ground poly for an upcoming addon scenery.

All good, enjoy your dinner!
 
Try this Eddy, all runways active, ATIS is calling all of them now,
runway 8/26 will not work closing one end as FSX will not honour this and will be ignored
i opened all runways except 1L/19R as this one will work, you have to close both ends for either landing or takeoff
not had time to test it as I'm hungry :)
 

Attachments

Back
Top