• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

DAE to BGL: Texture Path corrupted

Country
germany
Hi there,

first of all a big thank you to the people behind this community and the cool applications like MCX! I had my first successes in scenery creation after reading the forums und trying the very user friendly tools. Something that did not happen when I tried to use the SDK of fs9 8 years ago ;-)

Now I have a little problem: I make models with SketchUp8 und then use MCX to convert them into FS9 BGLs. This was fine for the last two weeks but suddenly all newly converted models have no textures anymore in FS9 - the textures in the right format are of course in the appropriate texture folder.
The model shows up correct textured in MCX but then looses the texture path within FS.
Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the preferences of MCX for the case that I changed something unintended?

Thank you!
Volker

Country
spain
If you see the .Mdl file in MCX you must see them in Fsx , it's the great truth. look the textures around there.the bgl file must have a texture folder look there for example. anyway somthing must happen to suddenly fail the bgl creation

Last edited:
Country
germany
If you see the .Mdl file in MCX you must see them in Fsx , it's the great truth. look the textures around there.the bgl file must have a texture folder look there for example. anyway somthing must happen to suddenly fail the bgl creation

In my case I'm still on FS9 ;-) But see attachments I found something strange. There is a path shown in the object info page. This is the path where Sketchup copies all used textures during export process.
I guess this path might be the reason for textures not showing up in FS9.
I've no idea where to configure SketchUp or MCX to correct this path info.

In correct showing models there is just the texture name without further path info.

THX

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 366
  • bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 451
Country
spain
you import your dae file, and export a mdl file, you should update the textures to work with fs, there you have to set the path to the secenery texture folder
The settings in McX options are correct?, I think this setting are automatically configured, not sure, but yes, somthing in the process are wrong, but don't worry, usually this thing are not a problem.
forget about sketchup, sketchup must export a dae file, just that, is in MCx where you have to set the things.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Check if your textures are not 24 bit BMP files, those are not supported by FS. The fact that Windows can show the textures makes me think they are the wrong format. You better convert to DXT1 BMP for FS2004. The mass texture editor in ModelConverterX can do that for you.

Country
germany
Thanks for your answers.
But as in many cases the problem sat in front of the pc. During the scenery development process I decided to create a new scenery directory to test new BGLs in FS. And these were the names of the folders: "scenery" and "textures"...............
Maybe you delete this thread.

THX Volker