• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Development; What do you do while you build?

A

amahran

What does everyone do while they make their addons? Obviously, no-one's gonna sit straight through a couple of hours on GMAX without any "side-entertainment"

For example, While I'm designing scenery, I listen to some Gary Moore, Iron Maiden, Steve Vai, etc. (on Windows Media Player), and I browse a website called funnyjunk everytime my brain needs to cool down... :rolleyes:

Does anyone else do anything similar? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Country
us-arizona
Music. Sometimes Podcasts; Pastor Mark Martin, Andrew Wommack.

Some electronica, Indie Spotlights from iTunes, Christian Praise Music gets my hyped and going.

For a break, treadmill, and GTL. (GTL gets the heart rate going faster then coffee).

Country
unitedkingdom
i tend to have a rock radio playing if i need to think, but if its something mundane and boring that doesnt require thinking (like uv mapping!) i stick on a good audio book :)

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Absolutely nothing. I love the sounds of silence... :cool:

I get more than enough music with my two hours of practice on my (digital) pipe organ...

Country
unitedkingdom
Anything. Sometimes silence, which is usually when I'm actually working properly, but otherwise I listen to pretty much anything. Spotify's great for that sort of thing.

Then again, forums are an even better displacement activity when you're supposed to be debugging that pesky gauge...:)

Country
unitedstates
if I have to think, I must have silence.No TV, no music, no birds. Rain is OK.

I was a music ed major in school. I can't have music in the background. I would enjoy it too much. I would stop what I was doing and listen.

Bob

Country
england
If there's baseball on ESPN America, I'll listen to that with the volume turned right down.

Country
germany
Music....open up WMP and select the playlist that I am in the mood for (usually top 40 with some German top 40 mixed in)
Gonna have to look into the audio books..

Country
us-arizona
Music....open up WMP and select the playlist that I am in the mood for (usually top 40 with some German top 40 mixed in)
Gonna have to look into the audio books..

Nater,

Is it possible to find out what the top 40 are in Germany? A webpage or something?

Country
unitedstates
Dead silence for me too I'm afraid, but when I stop for a quick flight (all too often) I sometimes fire up Winamp and listen to The Tragically Hip :) .

Jim

Country
france
Hi,
Sometimes radio program, usually music, children watching TV, wife screaming,... And when my fingers get bored, take my guitar and relax for a while :rolleyes:

Country
unitedkingdom
Swearing seems to come into it a lot, especially when I've spent a day trying to get a bit of code to work and I can't understand why it isn't. My neighbours probably think I have tourette's..
I try and mask it with the radio/itunes or a tv programme I've missed via iPlayer on the second monitor!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Music, but even Porcupine Tree or other progressive/psychedelic music gets distracting if you're REALLY in the groove.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Silence for me too. I usually develop late at night, while the rest of the house sleeps

Since I live alone in a detached house, I can do this for relaxation:

J. L. Krebs "Sleepers Awake!"

Louis-Nicolas Clérambault: Basse et Dessus de Trompette

I bet very few have ever heard this in its entirety! I must confess I usually "camp it up" just a bit, 'cause I get tired of playing it the same way all the time! :)

Mendelsohn: Wedding March

And finally, lest anyone think I'm serious all the time...

"Just a Closer Walk"