• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Double object due to Phantom one!

Messages
96
Country
france
Good evening

I have a problem with an object -a curved roof I created with Instant object Studio-. I want to set the roof on top of the terminal as shown in the picture.

The roof's BGL and its textures are placed in a folder dedicated to them and activated in FSX library.

When I launch FSX, although I have not yet installed the roof in ADE, it appears in the middle of the apron! No trace of it on ADE!!!
when I install the roof in ADE, consequently I get 2 roofs in FSX, one on top of the building it is supposed to be plus the one
on the apron which remains invisible on ADE's apron!
I've check the object list in ADE and my roof is single, no doubles. In the library no double either and the FSX library itself contains only reference to the roof's library I created....
Can anyone tell me how to solve this nightmare!

Thx
Claude

This is the XML of my roof, attached are both files the bgl and the mdl of the roof.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Created by Scenery Design Engine (SDE) on 14-Mar-18 -->
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
<SceneryObject
lat="16.2686816230416"
lon="-61.5244786441326"
alt="0.0M"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
pitch="0"
bank="0"
heading="0"
imageComplexity="VERY_SPARSE">
<LibraryObject
name="12699f4648113840fcee8d8e50e85032"
scale="1.00"
/>
</SceneryObject>
<ModelData
name="12699f4648113840fcee8d8e50e85032"
sourceFile="curve_roof_east_terminal_1.mdl"
fileOffset="0"/>
</FSData>
 

Attachments

  • curve_roof_east_terminal_1.mdl
    curve_roof_east_terminal_1.mdl
    9.8 KB · Views: 424
  • curve roof east terminal 1.bgl
    curve roof east terminal 1.bgl
    10 KB · Views: 458
  • New 17h210303Raizet_TFFR_ADEX_CR_OBJ.bgl
    New 17h210303Raizet_TFFR_ADEX_CR_OBJ.bgl
    89.3 KB · Views: 490
  • screenshot_20180314_183524.jpg
    screenshot_20180314_183524.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 403
  • screenshot_20180314_183759.jpg
    screenshot_20180314_183759.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 394
  • screenshot_20180314_183820.jpg
    screenshot_20180314_183820.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 408
Hello:

I would first try to troubleshoot this using your installation of Instant Scenery which you mentioned having in this recent thread post:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...asures-between-two-objects.442340/post-794535

[EDITED]

( The following is an excerpt copied from one of my prior posts in another thread troubleshooting an issue at KMYL )


NOTE: Instant Scenery works in FS2004 (aka "FS9"), as well as in FSX and/or P3D.


Instant Scenery version 2 (aka "IS2") or version 3 (aka “IS3") offers a couple of ways to visually identify "objects from all scenery files" in a specified radius near the user aircraft via display of colored text info on-screen at run time for BGLComp-XML-placed objects in a scenery object placement BGL; thus, one does not need to "guess which placement file it is that you need to modify", or to 'decompile' a placement BGL. ;)


NOTE: Whether or not a XML scenery object placement BGL was made by IS2 / IS3 won't matter, as those BGLs made via other methods such as either FS9 / FSX BGLCompiler... can normally also be opened by IS2 / IS3.

So, even if a (non-IS2 / IS3) XML scenery object placement BGL has been decompiled, edited, and and re-compiled via FS9 / FSX SDK BGLComp, it can again be opened by Is2 / IS3, and used to place more objects.


IS2 / IS3 can ID those Objects, Generic Buildings, and Exclusions "placed" near the current aircraft location from ALL scenery files which are 'active' in FS within a number of miles specified for the IS2 / IS3 object labels "scan" radius.


Identify objects in IS2 / IS3 “Move / Delete Objects” mode


In FS9 / FSX free-flight mode using any aircraft at the scenery project airport:

Set FS "camera" view to Top-Down or Virtual Cockpit without instruments displayed at desired Zoom level

1.) Slew aircraft to (minimum of) 50 to 100 feet AGL

2.) Open IS2 / IS3 from FS9 /FSX main menu > Add-ons > Instant Scenery

3.) On the IS2 / IS3 main menu, click on the ‘Folder icon’ (Open Scenery) and "Open" your scenery placement BGL in question

4.) Back in FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click to ‘check’ “Move / Delete Objects”

5.) Again in FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “All Objects”

6.) Once more in FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “Library and Model”

7.) Back in FS9 / FSX with IS2 / IS3 still open, move the mouse cursor over objects to select them (mouse-over)


NOTE: When selected by a ‘mouse-over’, scenery objects in the currently “open” IS2 / IS3 or other XML scenery object placement file... will display their bounding box, and their corresponding library and model name will be highlighted on-screen.


Alternatively, another method may be used to scan multiple IS3 or other XML scenery object placement files all at one time... . :idea:


Identify objects in IS2 / IS3 “Show Objects From All BGLs” mode

In FS9 / FSX free-flight mode using any aircraft at the scenery project airport:

Set FS "camera" view to Top-Down or Virtual Cockpit without instruments displayed at desired Zoom level

1.) Slew aircraft to (minimum of) 50 to 100 feet AGL

2.) Open IS2 / IS3 from FS9 / FSX main menu > Add-ons > Instant Scenery

3.) In FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “All Objects”

4.) In FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “Library and Model”

5.) In FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Extras”, then click to ‘check’ “Show Objects From All BGLs”


NOTE: From the latter context menu, a “Objects From All BGLs” dialog pops up

6.) In the “Objects From All BGLs” dialog, click to ‘check’ “Objects”, “Gen. Buildings”, and “Exclusions”

7.) Still in“Objects From All BGLs” dialog, click in “Radius, NM” to set a Ex: (1) nautical mile radius; click “Scan”


IIUC, after the BGL scan is done, IS2 / IS3 should identify on-screen, "ALL" default FS and 3rd party XML-placed scenery objects 'active' in the FS scenery library... for that geographical area (within a Ex: 1 mile radius of the aircraft) at the scenery project airport.


Alternatively, you could go through the laborious manual testing process required to identify the 3rd party add-on scenery object placement BGL (and NOT the scenery object library BGL ! ;)) responsible for the erroneous object placed at TFFR ...by trial and error.

This can be done by sequentially disabling half of all your installed add-on scenery packages, checking TFFR in FS at run time for elimination of the erroneous object placement, then disabling half of your remaining 'active' add-on sceneries, checking TFFR in FS at run time for elimination of the erroneous object placement, etc. ...repeating that process until you can narrow down the suspect add-on scenery package containing the placement BGL; you can then find which object placement BGL from that package is responsible for the erroneous object placement at TFFRL.

[END_EDIT]

Hope this helps identify the placement BGL for the erroneous scenery object in question ! :)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Thanks Gary
for all the time and effort to try to explain how to solve my problem especially to someone who is far from being a skilled amateur for that matter:).

I have Instant scenery and stopped using it due to the numerous problems I have had with parasite objects suddenly appearing in the scenery without me having chosen them. My second concern for this software as well as for IOS is the poor manual, a practically absence of video tutorial (mainly for IOS, I did not check for IS).

I was too disappointed with my buy. I decided last week to buy IS with much hesitation and made a huge mistake again; perhaps also I'm mistaken to try to modify an airport for my single pleasure; (I must state firmly that I have absolutely no intention to distribute online as a freeware or any other form what I eventually make because I consider that I've not the skills and I'm not so bold and irresponsible to put such clumsy work at the disposal of anyone.)

As far as TFFR is concerned there is a payware which looks pretty good and if I try to update the freeware dating back to 2006 or 2008, it's just for fun, and also because in the end to add paywares after paywares becomes a huge budget and I have better uses of my money than FSX and its addons to be honest.

I'll re-install IS and try to go through your detailed explanations, maybe I'll succeed to find a solution if my patience is not put at an end!:confused:
Again many thanks.

Claude
 
Hello:

I would first try to troubleshoot this using your installation of Instant Scenery which you mentioned having in this recent thread post:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...asures-between-two-objects.442340/post-794535


NOTE: This product works in FS2004 (aka "FS9"), as well as in FSX and/or P3D.


Instant Scenery version 2 (aka "IS2") or version 3 (aka “IS3") offers a couple of ways to visually identify "objects from all scenery files" in a specified radius near the user aircraft via display of colored text info on-screen at run time for BGLComp-XML-placed objects in a scenery object placement BGL; thus, one does not need to "guess which placement file it is that you need to modify", or to 'decompile' a placement BGL. ;)


NOTE: Whether or not a XML scenery object placement BGL was made by IS2 / IS3 won't matter, as those BGLs made via other methods such as either FS9 / FSX BGLCompiler... can normally also be opened by IS2 / IS3.

So, even if a (non-IS2 / IS3) XML scenery object placement BGL has been decompiled, edited, and and re-compiled via FS9 / FSX SDK BGLComp, it can again be opened by Is2 / IS3, and used to place more objects.


IS2 / IS3 can ID those Objects, Generic Buildings, and Exclusions "placed" near the current aircraft location from ALL scenery files which are 'active' in FS within a number of miles specified for the IS2 / IS3 object labels "scan" radius.


Identify objects in IS2 / IS3 “Move / Delete Objects” mode


In FS9 / FSX free-flight mode using any aircraft at the scenery project airport:

Set FS "camera" view to Top-Down or Virtual Cockpit without instruments displayed at desired Zoom level

1.) Slew aircraft to (minimum of) 50 to 100 feet AGL

2.) Open IS2 / IS3 from FS9 /FSX main menu > Add-ons > Instant Scenery

3.) On the IS2 / IS3 main menu, click on the ‘Folder icon’ (Open Scenery) and "Open" your scenery placement BGL in question

4.) Back in FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click to ‘check’ “Move / Delete Objects”

5.) Again in FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “All Objects”

6.) Once more in FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “Library and Model”

7.) Back in FS9 / FSX with IS2 / IS3 still open, move the mouse cursor over objects to select them (mouse-over)


NOTE: When selected by a ‘mouse-over’, scenery objects in the currently “open” IS2 / IS3 or other XML scenery object placement file... will display their bounding box, and their corresponding library and model name will be highlighted on-screen.


Alternatively, another method may be used to scan multiple IS3 or other XML scenery object placement files all at one time... . :idea:


Identify objects in IS2 / IS3 “Show Objects From All BGLs” mode

In FS9 / FSX free-flight mode using any aircraft at the scenery project airport:

Set FS "camera" view to Top-Down or Virtual Cockpit without instruments displayed at desired Zoom level

1.) Slew aircraft to (minimum of) 50 to 100 feet AGL

2.) Open IS2 / IS3 from FS9 / FSX main menu > Add-ons > Instant Scenery

3.) In FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “All Objects”

4.) In FS9 / FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Labels”, then click to ‘check’ “Library and Model”

5.) In FSX, right-click the ground, and click “Extras”, then click to ‘check’ “Show Objects From All BGLs”


NOTE: From the latter context menu, a “Objects From All BGLs” dialog pops up

6.) In the “Objects From All BGLs” dialog, click to ‘check’ “Objects”, “Gen. Buildings”, and “Exclusions”

7.) Still in“Objects From All BGLs” dialog, click in “Radius, NM” to set a Ex: (1) nautical mile radius; click “Scan”


IIUC, after the BGL scan is done, IS2 / IS3 should identify on-screen, "ALL" default FS and 3rd party XML-placed scenery objects 'active' in the FS scenery library... for that geographical area (within a Ex: 1 mile radius of the aircraft) at the scenery project airport.


Alternatively, you could go through the laborious manual testing process required to identify the 3rd party add-on scenery object placement BGL (and NOT the scenery object library BGL ! ;)) responsible for the erroneous object placed at KMYL ...by trial and error.

This can be done by sequentially disabling half of all your installed add-on scenery packages, checking KMYL in FS at run time for elimination of the erroneous object placement, then disabling half of your remaining 'active' add-on sceneries, checking KMYL in FS at run time for elimination of the erroneous object placement, etc. ...repeating that process until you can narrow down the suspect add-on scenery package containing the placement BGL; you can then find which object placement BGL from that package is responsible for the erroneous object placement at KMYL.


Hope this helps identify the placement BGL for the erroneous scenery object in question ! :)

GaryGB

Hi Gary,

I've just tried what you suggested after re-installin IS2. I tried to open the BGL of the curved roof and here is what I got!!!

screenshot_20180315_100711.jpg


This is the phantom object which doesn't show in ADE. The real one is quite well position on the roof at the right altitude and orientation! This is again an example of how Flight1 behaves because in IOS manual it is stated that it is possible to use programs! I think they must not use the same format when compiling than ADE.....Moreover what I don't understand is that actually the object is present in the library menu as you can see in the following picture!
screenshot_20180315_101814.jpg


It doesn't make sense at all!
I tried the second method which of course gives me the right object name and library but it is the same with the correct positioned roof. So I have no way to eliminate the object which is on the ground.

Claude
 
Last edited:
Hi Claude:

The "phantom object" is placed via the XML code you show above for "curve-roof-east-terminal-1-bgl."

[EDITED]

FYI: I only see the 'footprint shadow' for the object in question, since I have only the MDL without the mapped texture Materials available for FS to load.

[END_EDIT]

Claude_TFFR_IS3_Labels_Curve_Roof_East_Terminal_1.jpg


BTW: The fact that the "correctly placed" curved roof object does not show on my FSX installation indicates that correct object placement is via another BGL which I of course, do not have installed.


FIX: One merely needs to remove XML elements for the entire section of scenery object placement and a GUID "name" (all marked in RED below) from the above source code that was de-compiled from "curve-roof-east-terminal-1-bgl", then 're-compile' it via FSX SDK BGLComp,:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Created by Scenery Design Engine (SDE) on 14-Mar-18 -->
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
<SceneryObject
lat="16.2686816230416"
lon="-61.5244786441326"
alt="0.0M"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
pitch="0"
bank="0"
heading="0"
imageComplexity="VERY_SPARSE">
<LibraryObject
name="12699f4648113840fcee8d8e50e85032"
scale="1.00"
/>

</SceneryObject>
<ModelData
name="12699f4648113840fcee8d8e50e85032"
sourceFile="curve_roof_east_terminal_1.mdl"
fileOffset="0"/>
</FSData>

After re-compiled, the remaining code should continue to function as a 'scenery-library-object-only' BGL, from which the object is read by the FS rendering engine at run time in order to place that object via the code in the "correctly placed" curved roof object placement BGL.

[EDITED]

Be sure that both the re-compiled "curve-roof-east-terminal-1-bgl." and "curve_roof_east_terminal_1.mdl" are kept inside the \Scenery sub-folder under a top-folder for your scenery project located in a "active' Area layer of the FS Scenery Library GUI stack of layers.

[END_EDIT]

Feel free to inquire further if I may offer any additional assistance with this troubleshooting scenario. :)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
well at least in my despair I had the premonition that the there was somehow something in double in the XML file!That's why I produced it in my post. As soos as
I'm finished with lunch I'll try. Just a question I have Jon's (I think) little program XML2BLG. I suppose this will do to recompile isn't it?

Again thx for your kind help.
Claude
 
HI Claude:

BGL2XML by Jon Masterson (aka "Scruffyduck") is a de-compiler ...but not a 'compiler'.

You would need to use FSX SDK BGLComp.exe (just 'drag-and-drop' the edited "curve roof east terminal 1_bgl.xml" onto it).


If you have not yet installed the above cited FSX SDK BGLComp.exe, you can use the Prepar3d version 1.4x SDK (essentially identical to FSX RTM SDK).

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

http://cloud.prepar3d.com/SDK/Prepar3D_SDK_1.4.4747.0.exe

This latter version of the FS SDK has an auto-installer that also configures all needed Windows Registry strings for the end user. :idea:

[Prepar3D SDK 1_4x install path]\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK\bglcomp.exe is the target compiler you would use. ;)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
no it's XML2BGL; so probably it's not Jon's; cant remember. I have both and I decompiled with BGl2XML just now.
 
[EDITED]

Ah, yes; I'd forgotten about that one. :oops:

XML2BGL by Jon Masterson (aka "Scruffyduck") is essentially a utility that acts as a GUI for the same SDK BGLCompilers I cited above:

[END_EDIT]

http://www.scruffyduck.org/xml2bgl/4584282782


I'd personally still use the P3Dv1.4x SDK BGLComp.exe for fully up-to-date "version" compatibility with both FSX and P3D, but XML2BGL may also work OK. ;)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Hi Claude:

My apologies for having missed marking a final line that also needed to be excluded from the XML source code in "curve roof east terminal 1_bgl.xml" :duck:

Please see the edits to my post above, which make the XML source code in "curve roof east terminal 1_bgl.xml" compatible for use with BGLComp via XML2BGL.
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/double-object-due-to-phantom-one.442367/post-794759

I have now had my Starbucks triple-shot espresso coffee, and (think) I am fully awake. :coffee::coffee::coffee::yikes:

Let me know how this version of the edited XML source code works for you ! :)


PS: AFAIK, we would not otherwise have had to delete the final line referred to above if we were dealing with a pure 'scenery-library-object-only' BGL created by either MCX or Arno's Library Creator XML 2.0.3, instead of a "hybrid" BGL containing not only the 'packaging' code for the MDL file, but also the placement code for that MDL.

IMHO, these types of 'hybrid' BGLs are an invitation to trouble, and I advise avoiding their use wherever possible, for example by importing all such BGLs output by IOS and ADE BGLs compiled via BGLComp ...into ModelConverterX (aka "MCX") to split them into ex: a pure 'scenery-library-object-only' BGL and a 'object-placement-only' BGL.

FYI: When the IS2 beta was completed a few years ago, and Konstantin subsequently released IOS, I did not have the free time available to participate in testing anything more than the much more basic initial public 'demo' release of IOS, which does not allow saving objects created within a demo session.

I see in a description of the now greatly-expanded IOS feature set and additional info on the IOS product page:
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=insobjstu


"Creates scenery files with the model already placed at specific coordinates, as well as model libraries for placement using Instant Scenery and other tools. Several models can be saved into the same BGL file.

Click to open: To open an object you created and placed with Instant Object Studio, you can just click on it with the mouse. No need to remember which BGL files contain which objects!

Fully compatible with Instant Scenery (version 2.03 and above). Models you create with Instant Object Studio immediately become available in Instant Scenery without having to restart FS."


IIUC, the BGL files output by the proprietary IOS compiler, although ultimately compatible with the FS SDK criteria, are "hybrid" BGLs that inherently "Geo-lock" all 3D models with those BGLs to (only) the first FS world location at which they are placed.

One can still work around that "Geo-lock" after such objects are de-compiled, but that is another topic. ;)

Regarding the error you saw above in IS2, you may wish to attempt working with such a IOS-output BGL again in IS2 after installing any available updates to Instant Scenery version 2.03 or later, to see if that error no longer occurs.


As stated in the Instant Scenery (3) User Guide:

"Obtaining support and updates

To check for updates and to inform yourself about other products Flight1 has on offer, visit the
Flight1 homepage at http://www.flight1.com/

The automatic update check (when enabled) will notify you when any updates for Instant Scenery
become available.

To discuss Instant Scenery with other users of the product and to get support, visit the Instant
Scenery forum at http://www.simforums.com/"

Hope this helps explain things a bit more.

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Hi Claude:

....I have now had my Starbucks triple-shot espresso coffee, and (think) I am fully awake. :coffee::coffee::coffee::yikes:

Let me know how this version of the edited XML source code works for you ! :)

GaryGB


Beware of too much coffee!:D! So now ghosts are gone and things look like I wanted. Remain to make Terminal 1 and 2 (regional) so they look more in accordance with reality. I'll probably try to use sketchup unless I could use DAZ Studio. What should be the format of the file of the 3D object to be then converted if I did understand into an MDL file?

Here is my roofs as they should be and two views of the terminals remaining to be built.
screenshot_20180315_175930.jpg


pole_caraibes_2.jpg


terminal 2 tffr.jpeg


TFFR has changed quite a lot since my last visit there in 1976!

By the way do you know of any freeware library consisting exclusively of raw polygons or geometrical objects (cylinder, boxes etc). I search the web without success but maybe did not use the right wording.

Thx again Gary for your patience:)

Claude
 
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/double-object-due-to-phantom-one.442367/post-794790

Remain to make Terminal 1 and 2 (regional) so they look more in accordance with reality.

I'll probably try to use Sketchup unless I could use DAZ Studio.

What should be the format of the file of the 3D object to be then converted if I did understand into an MDL file?

Sketchup would likely involve less of a learning curve than DAZ 3D; both support 3D model file I/O of Collada *.DAE, AutoCAD *.FBX, and WaveFront *.OBJ ...as does Arno's ModelConverterX (aka "MCX").

MCX can import the above 3D model file formats, then export to a MDL packaged inside a scenery library object 'library' BGL, and can also create a separate scenery library object 'placement' BGL for you.

MCX can also semi-automatically convert and re-map onto the 3D model, your mapped texture materials in "Powers of 2" format with MIPMAPs in the more efficient DirectX *.DDS file format for FSX and P3D.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/double-object-due-to-phantom-one.442367/post-794790

Here is my roofs as they should be and two views of the terminals remaining to be built.

TFFR has changed quite a lot since my last visit there in 1976!

That should be a fun and interesting project in Sketchup !


https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/double-object-due-to-phantom-one.442367/post-794790

By the way do you know of any freeware library consisting exclusively of raw polygons or geometrical objects (cylinder, boxes etc). I search the web without success but maybe did not use the right wording.

Thx again Gary for your patience:)

Claude

The newest version of IOS offers the 3D 'primitives' for those object shapes; but, IIUC, you refer to already-made scenery library object 'library' BGLs with accompanying ready-to-use mapped texture materials in add-on packages.

Aside from the over 3,000 that are included in FSX:
http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/sceneobjects/

...there are also many available 'free-to-use-for-freeware' packages of add-on 3D scenery object libraries that can be placed via Instant Scenery at library.avsim.net, flightsim.com, simviation.com, flyawaysimulation.com etc.

Quite a few packages of add-on 3D scenery object libraries were developed and released when the original EZ-Scenery for FS2002 and/or FS2004 by Konstantin Kukushkin was published by Abacus (this later became Instant Scenery for FS2004 and FSX / P3D by Konstantin Kukushkin which is now published by Flight1).

Also, a popular object placement utility named "RWY-12" had a number of libraries named after it, so both "RWY-12" and "EZ-Scenery" are keywords to use when searching online FS file download web sites for add-on 3D scenery object libraries.

And, of course, some end users opt to use 3D scenery object libraries from downloaded 3rd party freeware and/or payware they have purchased and installed, provided they are utilized strictly on their own computers, and no such library containing- or placement BGLs referencing- proprietary 3D scenery objects ...are subsequently distributed to the public.

[EDITED]

PS: Sketchup has 3D shape 'primitives' available as default features via toolbars; others are available via free plugins.
If you opt to use a 3D modeling application other than Sketchup, you can always make a 'primitive' in the required size and shape in Sketchup, then export it in a 3D file format that can be imported by your preferred 3D modeling application. :idea:

[END_EDIT]

Feel free to inquire further regarding use of Sketchup in this dedicated forum:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/sketchup.112/


Hope this further helps with the scenery building process. :)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
The newest version of IOS offers the 3D 'primitives' for those object shapes; but, IIUC, you refer to already-made scenery library object 'library' BGLs with accompanying ready-to-use mapped texture materials in add-on packages.

This is the version of IOS I use, I bought it last week. But I find many problems while using it. When you modify sides of an object very easily you completely deform the object because the cursor reacts too quickly. Another problem which is common to all software is the characters size for the measures, etc which are much too small and using a color which doesn't help the reader.

I use DAZ for my video project. I'm working on a small documentary putting together videos I took during my 10+ trips to Pompeii and Herculaneum. I've built a little script inspired by one of Theophile Gautier's novel (you probably know his most famous and movie used one: "The history of the mummy" which gave birth to many horror movies. I use Daz for my gladiator inside the corridor of the amphitheater. If you 're interested we can have a private chat as this has nothing to do with FSX. It's one of my many hobbies;).
I know the different libraries you talk about, I have downloaded them but none have the kind of objects which would help for what I'm doing here. For instance I did not find any with the curved roof by itself; there is a library of roofs but they are all very classic.
I'll try with DAZ and after try to understand MCX and convert my object to FSX. Not sure my life will be long enough!:D
Claude
 
Last edited:
Hi Claude:

It will be interesting to see what DAZ offers to other FS developers seeking alternatives to an existing (very small) group of 3D modeling applications that also have the ability to 'Bake' Ambient Occlusion into textures ! :)

GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Hi Claude:

It will be interesting to see what DAZ offers to other FS developers seeking alternatives to an existing (very small) group of 3D modeling applications that also offer the ability to 'Bake' Ambient Occlusion into textures ! :)

GaryGB
You mean I should show here part of the movie, where I used DAZ?
 
I'm not certain which forum might be the best place to post a link to that on an external site, but if the DAZ work-flow used to create the movie also has the option to output static 3D models to be used for FS scenery, perhaps that might be something other FS developers may wish to know about ? :scratchch

GaryGB
 
Not to deviate from the purpose of this forum, I'll send you a PM with links and you'll see what I did and we can discuss that there. if it's ok with you
 
Although my available free time is limited, I could conduct a brief PM session later today, to better understand what you are referring to.

I'll check back here for messages later. :)

GaryGB
 
Back
Top