• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX editing mesh

Hi Roby,

1, no that is not possible.

2. That's weird. But if resample processes the file fine I would not worry. When making photo scenery with resample it will complain if the GeoTIFF has the wrong format and stop working. Maybe for elevation data it is different.
 
Hi,

Thanks for everything.
It turned out that adapting the mesh so that it fit the photoreal correctly everywhere, was a bit too much. By that I mean you were probably, the both you, right in saying the sdst files were not good.
But I found another one (NED) on the natiional map viewer (http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/) that fits perfectly and although it is only a 1 arcsec (30m) resolution, it is a lot better than what I used to have. I did have to use the 3DEM program to be able to resample it, but that was easy compared to what I have tried to do earlier.
Now let us see if, in certain areas, I can make it better still (with Wilbur for instance?).
 
Back
Top