• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Effects developped with 1.18.3.0

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Well, the troubles continue with the new release 1.19.8.0 ...

All the effects I had developed for Henrik (KL791) since 15 days :
- 3 different wakes,
- one fire,
- 2 water/delaying drops)
don't work at all anymore.

Tests:
- I had the idea to reload the Calypso and to observe the wake that I have attach on it : nothing.
- I load the same effect via the DEV Mode using the Project, I apply it on an empty of the boat and there it appears but in development mode ... if you know what I mean!

I conclude that "somethings" have moved again and that it is necessary to recompile them at least or even redevelop them in the worst case (if some internal functions have evolved).

Perhaps a GUID problem or someone else.

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
I working on effect this week, I have similar problem. not solved yet. seem custom GUID doesn't recognize by the sim or not loaded. (msfs v1.19.9.0)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If I may ask a question about that :)

I've been trying to add a nav light to one of my Simobjects, an airport service vehicle, for a while now.
Do I understand correctly that you can attach FX Nav Lights to aircraft but not to simobjects?

If that's how I understand it, then I can save myself the time and put colored dynamic lights on my vehicle instead of FX Nav lights.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi Christian,

As for the problems I pointed out when I opened this post, the latest SDK has fixed that. My water drop effects are visible again under the plane.
As for the simobjects, I've shown how to add effects to Henrik's boats so attaching an FX to a simobject should be possible.
How do you think that someone can attach smocke on the top of chimney ? or fire in the vegetation ? :cool:

Country
italy
Look like that SU9 Will give us the ability to Place vfx without Simbojects, there Is a new type of object dedicated in the doc for sdk 0.18 (su 9)

The docs talks about default effect (.spb maybe?),

i Hope that also .fx are included, but i'm not in the beta so can not try, could be the solution for "obstacles lights to be visible from long distances"

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Then is it possible to attach, for example, an FX Asobo Nav Light attached to the default aircraft to a SimObject?

So far I assumed that this would not work. Rather, I thought that this is only possible via the System.cfg of an aircraft.

I would like to add this effect to my SimObject via an attachpoint, just like you can do with smoke via a GUID on chimneys: LIGHT_ASOBO_NavigationGreen.fx
In my 3D model I create a dummy and name it "attachpoint_navlight". I then reference this node where, in the XML file of my SimObject within a <Behavior>?

Is that possible?

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
I have retrieve one exemple of mine: the Calypso boat.
- in your 3D model, you create a dummy : I name it FX_EXHAUST_C
- the xml is modificated as:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModelInfo version="1.1" guid="{7c22e636-bc0c-401c-9721-322093e8ff68}">
<LODS>
<LOD MinSize="0" ModelFile="AI_Calypso.gltf"></LOD>
</LODS>
<Animation guid="3ee17513-b795-4050-83f9-95c639a8a2cd" name="Radar" type="Standard" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
</ModelInfo>

<ModelBehaviors>
<!-- Includes ###################################### -->
<Include Path="Asobo\Common.xml"/>
<Include Path="Asobo\Exterior.xml"/>
<Include Path="Asobo\Misc\SimObjects.xml"/>
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Exterior.xml"/>
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Generic\FX.xml"/>

<Component ID="WindDir">
<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_Anim_Code">
<ANIM_NAME>Orientation</ANIM_NAME>
<ANIM_CODE>(A:AMBIENT WIND DIRECTION,degrees) (A:pLANE HEADING DEGREES TRUE,degrees) - dnor</ANIM_CODE>
<ANIM_WRAP>1</ANIM_WRAP>
<ANIM_LENGTH>360</ANIM_LENGTH>
</UseTemplate>
</Component>

<Component ID="FX_WAKEBACK_LEFT">
<OverrideTemplateParameters>
<FX_GUID>{92F1C965-87A6-4D23-BFBE-94B01040A7B9}</FX_GUID>
<FX_CODE>(A:GROUND VELOCITY, knot) 2 &gt;</FX_CODE>
</OverrideTemplateParameters>
<Component ID="FX_WAKEBACK_LEFT_NODE" Node="FX_WAKE_L">
<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_GT_FX"/>
</Component>
</Component>

<Component ID="FX_WAKEBACK_RIGHT">
<FX_GUID>{92F1C965-87A6-4D23-BFBE-94B01040A7B9}</FX_GUID>
<FX_CODE>(A:GROUND VELOCITY, knot) 2 &gt;</FX_CODE>
<Component ID="FX_WAKEBACK_RIGHT_NODE" Node="FX_WAKE_R">
</Component>
</Component>

<Component ID="FX_EXHAUST_CENTER">
<FX_GUID>{F5B8D8FA-C9AB-4D3A-A9F7-F1C2AB452CA3}</FX_GUID>
<FX_CODE>(A:GROUND VELOCITY, knot) 8 &gt;</FX_CODE>
<FX_OFFSET_X>0.0</FX_OFFSET_X>
<FX_OFFSET_Y>1.0</FX_OFFSET_Y>
<FX_OFFSET_Z>-1.0</FX_OFFSET_Z>
<Component ID="FX_EXHAUST_CENTER_NODE" Node="FX_EXHAUST_C">
</Component>
</Component>
</ModelBehaviors>
In the XML file you can find my dummy (marked in bold) which is the Node="..."

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
It's about navigation lights as FX or VFX effects. They don't have a GUID. Or am I wrong? :-(

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
If you take a FSX effect iI think you are right but if you creat your own effect with Visual Effect Studio a GUID is delivered with the result.
Nevertheless, you could use an old FSX effect but with a declaration in aircraft.cfg and for simobject this process cann't applied.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
All right, thanks Didier.

Then we just have to figure out how to create such an effect using the VFX Editor. Perhaps the analysis of an FSX/P3D effect will help!

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
If you want more informations (youtube), see theses ones:
-
-

I have begin with theses, last year but if you look enough you will find others ;)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
However, I already know the videos and they were also a help to me.
Only how to create a light point effect is not clear from the videos.
Anyway I will try :)

Country
germany
Hello,
i found this thread, sorry for jumping in.

BUt i have Problems with the Visual Effects Editor, wheni add a SimVar, i can only select "meters" as units, nothing else.
Has anyone the same issue or is that because i installed MSFS 1.27.16.0 onto a fresh system ??

Matthias

Attachments

• Simvar.JPG
    Simvar.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 63