• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Elevated ground polygons, see through

Messages
118
Hello.
I am creating some elevated ground polygons and I wonder, is there any way to make them non see-though, as every 3D object which is "behind" still displays. Here is an example. I am using ground polygons, 3D walls and a platform object. It looks nice when there is nothing behind (or under) ground polygons:

lga1_zps519a2fe3.jpg


Unfortunally it looks very unrealistic when there are some objects (and in this case those 3D walls, exported with FSX sdk) under (or behind) ground polygons:

lga2_zpsb262cf52.jpg


I had this issue many times before and usually it was possible to simply change ground polygons to a 3D (non-layered) object with a platform (heliports), however in this case it would hardly be possible due to extensive ground markings and quite a large area. I will very much appreciate any idea of a possible solution.

Best regards
Stanislaw
 
Last edited:
Hi,

This is the normal way ground polygons are sorted for rendering. I guess it was assumed they are always below any 3d object.

So I guess switch to a 3d object is your only option here.
 
Back
Top