• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS20 Erratic compiling after last updatye

Messages
961
Country
panama
After last update I have been having "erratic" situations while compiling. I get a good scenery compilation and a little later it does not compile . (SDK18) is the latest I downloaded. Does anyone have any idea what's going on or if its just me.
 
The SDK has nothing to do with the DevMode or compiling (it's just documentation, samples, etc...). All compiling and DevMode is part of the sim itself.
 
The last update was about 1.2 gigabytes and afterwards we were compelled to update the SDK, samples and documentation. The updates are virtually synonymous and the fact that Gera related problems to the SDK designation, does not disprove issues with the core functionality, that was also updated. I myself am encountering odd issues building FSDS crafted animations and thus far the problem is looking less and less like MCX functionality, or user error and more like unexpected problems with the sim itself.
 
Primarily ADE uses the FSPackage Tool which calls the compilers which are internal to the sim and the same ones used when building in Dev Mode. It is sometimes the case that Asobo change the internal tools but not the Package Tool and this results in errors. Sometimes and update to the package tool can have problems in its own right. ADE just calls the package tool and hopes for the best ;)
 
I am currently experiencing compiling differences between inbuilt and fspackagetool.exe. My animations do not render, but if I use fspackagetool.exe, they show up in the final built .bgl. Thus far, I've tested older animated model libraries, that used to work and they won't even show up in the Scenery Editor.

I'm also experiencing an odd discrepancy with an ADE created airport. I'd been about to pass it upstairs for evaluation because it crashes the sim, but if I do not zoom to details, if I just scroll in to the same detail level manually, I can select parking and start a flight. I've nailed the problem down to some sort of incompatibility with the aerial cgl, but it was made exactly consistent with the current SDK and I've tried versions compiled from both fspackagetool.exe and from within Dev Mode with the same results. Aside from that, it looks and works fine when I finally get there.
 
I am sure the last update (MSFS) really messed up several situations. Since the update I get incredible "stutters" in the sim which I have never had and was praising Asobo for that,,, now its a mess. Compiling has become a Zomby Road! ADE acts crazy, I have to hit the compile button two and sometimes three times, before when it started compiling it would inhibit the screen until it finished, now its open . This has also happened with another programs that also compile, "BushMissionGen" simply died it will not compile at all and it worked so well!!!. Am sure they messed up something in the SDK--- If it was not for the Scenery with MSFS I would trash it and go back to P3D, as smooth as silk. I feel like going backwards with this program and waste so much time trying to develop something just for it to crash and burn --really hateful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top