• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Error compiling ADE project to SDK

Hello and thanks to ScruffyDuckJon for the work done so far.
I worked on ADE starting from a stock airport (LIRU), added parking spaces, apron, taxy etc. etc.
After the work on Ade I would like to add my custom buildings, change the properties of the materials, of the aprons, in practice I would like to make changes from the SDK,
save the work and maybe resume it the next day, but it is not possible to do so since 'SDK doesn't make me export the project, giving me an error, and therefore not saving any changes.
I can't fix it and I don't know if it's a folder architecture problem or missing files.
I also tried to insert the two missing files manually, taking two files from other projects, the error disappears but the project is not saved anyway.

Thanks a lot
Salvo

LIRU ADE project download

(google translator)

Attachments

• error layout.JPG
    error layout.JPG
    575.2 KB · Views: 15

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can add custom buildings with ADE. But I am not sure if you are working both ways with the project. Projects created by ADE should open with the in Sim tools but you can't currently then go back and work with the project in ADE. We call this round tripping and it is a planned function for ADE which is currently being developed. I am not sure if this is your problem but I am not sure why you are getting messages about manifests. As far as I know they are in the built package but not in the project sources

Thanks for the reply Scruffy,
yes, I am working with both ADE and the SDK.
The project made in ADE opens correctly, the problem is that the 3d files placed in the "model-lib" folder are not loaded into the SDK, if I create a project without going through ADE, it works.
Upgrading to version 13, I no longer have the previous error message, but it still doesn't work.

I am having a similar problem I would like to add custom objects in ADE alpha13, but even I used a modelLib and a texture folder in the packagesource, with the xml, bin & gltf file I dont see any objects with list - object. What do I miss ?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Can I ask if you have read and followed Section 16 of the notes pdf file that is in the alpha zip file

Yes I did,
I think the problem was, he creates his own name like x-y-z-modelLib, I renamed it to just modelLib and now he can find it.

Slowly started to understand how this brilliant tool ADE is working after a successfull installation and setup of folders: however if I used the MSFS stock airport and modify some elements in it and save, and then putting the project folder in the Community folder- the result is that nothing in the stock airport changed according to my changes- what am I doing wrong here?

2) I want to remove a building object ( the default terminal) but it do not show up in ADE, only the asfalt symbols- what do I need to do to " see " the terminal building to be able to remove it?

Skärmklipp.JPG
3) I can export the terminal building objects from FSX but from there-how do I import it into ADE?

Sorry for the complexity of questions but appreciate any help

Åke

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks for your kind words

First you don't put the project into the community folder but rather the package which is generated when you build your project. This is covered in the notes but just saving is not enough you need to use File > Build to get a package. If it build successfully then you will get a package under the packages folder in the project structure

1610622083769.png

In this case the package is the folder egcw-welshpool. This goes in the community folder. At the moment you need to copy it yourself but a later alpha will allow ADE to do it on your command

At the moment you can't see stock buildings in the ADE display although that might change. What you need to do is create a scenery polygon set to exclude buildings

1610622259611.png

that covers the area where the default buildings are. While you cannot see the buildings in ADE yet you can connects ADE to MSFS when both are running and move the user aircraft to help place the poly

When you say export FSX buildings do you mean as model (.mdl) files? If so you cannot directly use these in ADE 2020 since it supports glTF models. Asobo has depreciated mdl files and replaced them with glTF. Whilst it is still possible to use mdl files it is not a good idea. If you have mdl files you want to use then you need MCX to convert them to glTF and then section 16 of the pdf notes explains how to get them into ADE and then the sim

I hope that makes some sense

1) yes- worked out perfectly according to your explanation- thanks!
2) assume you mean that I need MSFS in dev mode and FSIUPC 7.0 loaded ? ADE 12? Lets see if I can handle it.
3) I have a bulding in FSX that I would like to "move" after having flattern the one on the photo- I will check how it is constructed, mdl or bgl etc. Quite complex I guess, perhaps constructed from object from different folders. I will check ADE in the FSX version that I have installed, there I can see the bulding objects and perhaps get the file names.
Åke

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
so far so good. I hope you are using Alpha 13 and not alpha 12 😊

2) worked out fine. No, alpha 12...

However after some further changes in the airport file ( deleted two rwy not in use anymore I got these errors during compilation?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 9

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I think I have seen a similar error. You need to update to alpha 13. I think that contains a fix. It relates to the decimal separator being a comma rather than a stop

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Not sure I understand

1610641537484.png

The fail is for the missing title. The 1 done should be your package. What is in the Packages Folder inside the Project Folder?

Hmm, I think I solved it- went through the Project setup again and saw that the folders now was created accordingly: - is this OK?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp3.JPG
    Skärmklipp3.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 7
It´s working nice now. Thanks. (alpha 13).
Tomorrow I will start the excercise to flattern the present terminal and try to import another building.