• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Extra 300; What controls shaking?

No one knows. Its a bit odd. Other planes do not have this, and this one does. Its nice because those who animate their cockpits to shake could just as easily have this setting, what ever it might be to get that vibration appearance.
 
@lionheart ; I don't see any shaking in the FSX Extra and MS definitely didn't include a feature to enable any shaking. Are you using the unaltered original air and cfg file?
 
Last edited:
I have to confess that I didn't actually look at the FSX Extra. After seeing Bernd's post, I looked and I don't see any shaking either.

I thought that you were referring to the shaking like the Jan Visser VC has in the Manfred Jahn C-47.
 
@lionheart ; I don't see any shaking in the FSX Extra and MS definitely didn't include a feature to enable any shaking. Are you using the unaltered original air and cfg file?

Interesting... It must be a product of my settings on the Extra's config then. It literally vibrates and shivvers. Now to figure out why or what is doing it so I can use it in other planes like the Rutan Q200, lol...
 
Bill,
There are several reasons why you might be experiencing shaking, but you will not get a clear answer until you give more information about when it happens.
First, if the shaking is happening on the ground it will be a contact point issue.
If you are using the plane as an AI and it is hopping around on the ground, but does not when flown as a piloted airplane, it is probably due to AI airplanes not having any fuel weight.
I happen to know that the Extra flown as AI has terrible ground handling. When it lands it smokes the whole way down the runway and barely stops.
If you add another engine, where is it or is it one engine with two props.
Does the shaking occur when the engine is running?
Does it happen in flight and if so at what speed, angle of bank with or without flaps etc.
If you documented when it shakes you might get an answer.
Some designers build in instrument shake when AOA is high and It just looks dumb to me. You often find attempts to generate realism which are decidedly non-realistic and annoying, but the Alabeo Extra 300 does not seem to have anything like that.
And finally, which Extra300 are you talking about.
Its not necessarily "No one knows " the answer, in this case the question is just insufficiently detailed.
Roy
 
Hey Roy,

Its with the FSX stock Extra
Its when you are stationary on the ground, brakes on or off, engine on or off
Vibration is left to right (roll axis? or Z axis? )
I have added another second prop to the plane with it still being a single engine, props are out 12 feet to each side. So it is probably Z axis MOI. I'll mess around with that and see if I can get it to tame down.

Many thanks for the input. In flight it is pretty nice. Mainly only vibrates when sitting still.. Anxiety issue, lol.. .
 
Back
Top