• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Fictional Sceneries

Do you like fictional sceneries?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Messages
180
Country
us-california
Just wondering what people think about fictional sceneries. Im not talking about large scale cities from Star Wars, I'm saying like a private island off the california coast with a dirt airstrip or a small private airport in the cascades of washington state.

David Biggar
david.biggar@gmail.com
 
Hi David,

Personally I don't really like them. I am more a perfectionist and I prefer that it is all as real as possible.

But a fictional airport can be a very good project for a new scenery design to learn and just make what comes up in your mind :).
 
I'm not a fan in general of these: when flying VFR they can provide incorrect references. And if they are near any real scenery or population areas they can potentially cause conflicts. But I do have the flying kitchen in Michigan and Star Wars in the Sahara, so I'm obviously OK with the absurd.

A case in point: a release for British Columbia once upon a time scattered unrealistic buildings, too-large helipads and other goodies across the area, causing later conflicts and confusion.

Jon
 
I think, it depends on the quality. When it's well done, it could be some fun to explore a fictional city for example.
 
Well, even though I started this poll, like mainly real sceneries with good detail...I do admit though that I have made a private airport (away from any major city) in a mountain range. Other than that, I have only worked on enhancing real life airports. I also do not like fake stuff at real airports, (example) an enhancement of a real airport with a whole new Virtual Airline Building, possibly the largest at the airport.

David Biggar
david.biggar@gmail.com
 
hiho

I don t like fictional sceneries too - but ...

eh - Emma Field ??? - Ok - I LIKE them - but only when they are as beautiful as this one :D

Greetz -

Enzo
 
I'm with the majority here...

I've slowly researched real world airports looking for my "dream FBO" and have found quite a few awesome ones that FS9 doesn't represent well. So there really doesn't seem to be a reason, other than personal desire, to create fictional airstrips.

With that said... I have had plans for my own little fictional airstrip as an "If I were to win the lottery" scenerio. I wouldn't distribute it except to a select few. It's something that I've toyed with but always neglect as I have many more projects.
 
Hi,

I made one for somebody who asked for it. And it was for FS9! And I forgot a lot about FS9 and how to do things there. And I found that FSX has a lot more possibilities to do it easily while in FS9 it is still a heck of work.
Nevertheless, I feel like I did somebody a favor and relearned something more in the process both in FS9 and in FSX (I know now how to freeze a lake in FSX in wintertime but not in FS9).
I do agree though that it is more a question of imagination coupled to a sense of the real world. I would never try to make something that is not possible in the real world (Although my heliport at home is perhaps a bit farsought).
And, yes, I would indeed like to make a dream island.
What is wrong with that? FS is sometimes escaping from the reality anyway?

Roby
 
You do have to admire the longevity of the polls here at FSDeveloper, over 8 years old and counting! :eek:
 
A couple of years ago, there was a series of events on IVAO, that were made to reflect historical development of aviation in Czech Republic (more specifically, Prague) over the decades. As a part of these events, the Pragues airport sceneries (first Kbely and later Ruzyne) were re-made to historical specifications(at the minimum, runway and taxiway structure. Where feasible, historical buildings were reused from present day sceneries).

The last one was "a look into future". It incorporated some changes planned for Prague Ruzyne airport and surrounding airspace, including parallel runways and optimized RNAV terminal procedures. It was a very interesting event and a nice use of "fictional" scenery. I liked it a lot.

I would also like, at some time, make a "fictional" scenery of my local airport, that would be based on original development plans, that had the airport structured a bit differently as today.
 
Back
Top