• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Finally figured out how to get the colored_marking tile to reverse, but...

Country
unitedkingdom
I've been trying to figure out painless ways to do ground markings for ages. The colored_marking tile has been tormenting me for ages as it was always mirrored.

I turns out if you set it as a polygon surface you can fold the polygon in on itself and it reverses to the correct way around, or it may start off correct.

However the text is much smaller than the apron version and it's proving impossible to trim to individual letters. For some reason moving one point of the polygon, all the others stay fixed, causes the tile to scroll until your target is gone again.

Am I missing an obvious trick here or is this simply a fluke it's not really designed for?

Attachments

• image_2020-10-12_212456.png
    image_2020-10-12_212456.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
Country
germany
We have done this via blender.
So create a plate, make a UV map on it, safe it and import the objekt in the sim.

Problem we have: I cant place them exactly on the ground, otherwise its flickering all the time. And we cant do it completely in blender, becauce we have no flat terain.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
So create a plate, make a UV map on it, safe it and import the objekt in the sim.
You can then use it as a projected mesh, with it's options.

Projected mesh over colored gravel apron:

Untitled.png

I understand there may be issues with the clarity of the ProjectedMesh. If you use a planar scenery object, place it with no shadow and raise 0.01 above the surface.

Last edited:
Country
germany
Worked for us, but on small textures, it decrese the quality a lot.
I think the only way is, to make the basic texture with more pixel?

Country
france
Thanks to Rhumbaflappy and Titan2002 for this additional information, I tested it and I have good results

Last edited: