• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Fresnel Ramp problems

Messages
44
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi all,

Back again - this time with some Fresnel ramp issues.

First off I've been trying to add a Fresnel ramp to an aircraft in GMAX, although it doesn't seem to work like others Fresnel ramps..

For some reason the Fresnel_Ramp.dds seems to be effecting the diffuse in a very strange way. It appears to be using the same blending mode as Photoshop's "Exclusion". When I added a variety of colours I was wondering why I could see orange when It doesn't exist on the Ramp .dds

Here's a couple of comparison shots...

In sim
isssue1.jpg


In Photoshop
fresnelramp.jpg


In Photoshop with Exclusion blending mode
fresnelrampex.jpg


The other problem I've noticed is where I've told the envmap to appear greater (alpha channel on Fresnel), it's showing up, although it's appearing virtually black as you can see in the screenshot above.

Any advice on how to fix any of the above issues would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Jordi
 
Do not apply the Fresnel ramp texture to Diffuse. Use only Reflection and Specular...
 
Many thanks, I swear I had only reflection and specular ticked. I checked...TWICE :mad:

Yep...that certainly did the trick...

frenselenv1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top