• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2020 AI

Country
costarica
Hi,

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but I couldn't find an answer in the forums.I 'm wondering if anybody has some info on the AI in FS2020. I don't mean the live AI that will be streamed, I mean if it will have the capability of adding and modifying AI in the same way we are used to.

Country
germany
no infos are currently public regarding that. ALPHA/BETA-Testers migh have already tried some things regarding "offline" AI Traffic, but as long as the NDA is in place you have to wait

Country
costarica
The wait is painfull! but I'm sure it's well worth it. I doubt they would leave behind a whole section of the community by assuming streaming can cover AI the way it has been done earlier.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've seen some talk that legacy models are supported, but as I'm not a modeler and not familiar with the SDK yet, I'm not sure how this would work. AI doesn't seem to have been documented in the SDK so far. I think we'll need some guidance on where to put the files in the new folder structure. I know where the default AI BGL is but I'm not sure where the models etc would have to go. Early days, but it does look very possible.

Country
germany
AIG has been playing around a bit but without success so far.... We were able to move the default traffic file to a new location and get it loaded but SimObjects and custom BGLs have failed so far

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Kai, I think its all down to the packaging, but I'm not entirely clear. I know I can modify the default traffic, but I couldn't get the modified file to be seen in the community folders. I compiled the Sample Aircraft from the SDK and put it in the community area. I can see it fine in the SIM as a flyable aircraft, but I can seem to get the traffic file containing it to be read. It's undoubtedly something stupid I'm doing, but the more I stare at it the farther I seem to get from making it work.

As an aside, I've noticed some really strange ICAO codes. I've found a couple of places that have effectively two airfields with different ICAO codes on top of each other, and some where they've just made it up completely.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
AIG has been playing around a bit but without success so far.... We were able to move the default traffic file to a new location and get it loaded but SimObjects and custom BGLs have failed so far

How did you get the traffic file moved?

Country
germany
It seems you need to create a whole new "package" yourself with both JSON files and so on. We are still in the process of getting all sorted out, as soon as we have a workable solution we will make it public. So far it seems like there is some extra work needed compared to adding Traffic in FSX/P3D, but we will try different approches to get the one with the fewest extra work xD