• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS9 Airways

Messages
2
Country
ca-ontario
Since various regulatory agencies have modified airways, intersections and approaches since the development of FS9, navlogs of routes developed by programs such as FSBuild no longer match airways and waypoints in the FS9 GPS. I've tried to change waypoints and their respective routing information with limited success.

I've first started with V116, which now originates at WILLA, east of Chicago over lake Michigan, and so far have taken it over to ERI (Erie Pa). Additionally, I've modfied JOT (Joliet, Il) to eliminate the leg to WILLA, since WILLA is now the beginning point for the route. The problem now hovers in the Windsor, Ontario area, where older unused intersections such as YQG12 and ERI48 outside of Erie, have not been eliminated, resulting in a parallel airway just north of the new realigned airway.

Is there a way of eliminating older intersections other than decompiling the original bgl and recompiling it without the extraneous data?

I know that to update approaches, a "Delete Airport" / "DeleteAllApproaches" combination will eliminate the old approach and when the new version is compiled, a clean set of approaches will appear in FS. If the exclude feature is able to be used, I can't figure out the correct combination of commands.
 
Since various regulatory agencies have modified airways, intersections and approaches since the development of FS9, navlogs of routes developed by programs such as FSBuild no longer match airways and waypoints in the FS9 GPS. I've tried to change waypoints and their respective routing information with limited success.

I've first started with V116, which now originates at WILLA, east of Chicago over lake Michigan, and so far have taken it over to ERI (Erie Pa). Additionally, I've modfied JOT (Joliet, Il) to eliminate the leg to WILLA, since WILLA is now the beginning point for the route. The problem now hovers in the Windsor, Ontario area, where older unused intersections such as YQG12 and ERI48 outside of Erie, have not been eliminated, resulting in a parallel airway just north of the new realigned airway.

Is there a way of eliminating older intersections other than decompiling the original bgl and recompiling it without the extraneous data?

I know that to update approaches, a "Delete Airport" / "DeleteAllApproaches" combination will eliminate the old approach and when the new version is compiled, a clean set of approaches will appear in FS. If the exclude feature is able to be used, I can't figure out the correct combination of commands.

I did this a few years ago before FSX. I redid a few approaches into kmia. i removed stock waypoints, and boy I tell you the ATC didnt like that. AI behaved strangely, and a lit of fixes were duplicated, even thou I replaced the stock file with my mod.

I would add the points, its not hard, but would not remove the stock. and do NOT replace, overwrite, or modify the stock file. You only need to create an XML to add the fixes and compile to bgl, place it in the Scenery\Generic\scenery folder (I havent had much luck placing it anywhere else) for FS9. I do not know the limitations for FSX, but it cant be much more difficult.
 
Last edited:
Have you looked at the Graphical Approach Designer in ADE? This will not let you remove stock waypoints - trying to do that can cause all sorts of problems. It will, however let you add waypoints and also add, modify or delete approaches.

Sorry if I have missed the point :o
 
Yes, I've done pretty well everything you guys have said, so far. I guess the only way to eliminate the extraneous airways is to re-do the points like YQG12, leaving the route section out.

As far as where to put the new BGL, I've placed it into a folder outside of FS9 along with all my other addons and as yet have not had any problems with the new bgl's working.

Thanks for the tips! You'll probably be seeing me in here more often once I get rolling on my projects!

Have a good weekend!

Rick
 
Back
Top