• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS9 grass textures locations ?

Messages
324
Country
unitedkingdom
I'd be grateful if someone will tell where the grass textures that produce the grass we see as we fly about are kept. I want to make my FS2004 as green as my FSGW3 is.
I put the detail1.bmp from GW3 into FS9 & it makes a great improcement.

TerryW
 
They are in your Flight Simulator 9/Texture folder. All start with grass and are in r8 format. Image Tool will open them.

Ed
 
I got Digital Image Tool 3.2 but, eg, the 4 r8 files I have end up as small grey .jpg squares named grass regardless of what they started as.
 
Last edited:
I've attached what the textures look like in Image Tool. Obviously FS9 takes that image and modifies it to look like the seasonal grass that you see in the game. Creating a custom grass texture may be the best way to go.
grass.jpg

Ed
 
Back
Top