• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX STD with ACCELERATION- No SDK

Messages
1
Country
us-louisiana
I have FSX Std with Acceleration Pack. I have followed the installation guide to the letter. However, when I attempt to install SP1a SDK, a window pops up saying the install cannot be completed without SDK. I dl'd the SDK folder from the DVD because the DVD was taking too long to read the application. Any thoughts on how to proceed?
 
I too had to download the prepar3d v1.4 sdk for use with FSX, but how can I update it? FSX SP1a wants the FSX SDK on there or won't run.
 
No, I mean the SDK SP1a will not run because it can not see an FSX SDK installed. I had to use the Prepare1.4 version as I do not have deluxe discs. I installed it to a folder structure that would be the default for the FSX SDK install to try and fool it, but FSXSDK_SP1a still tells me to install base SDK first.
 
As Bill said above - you need the Deluxe version of FSX to install the FSX SDK. There is a prerequisite to have the Deluxe SDK before installing the FSX SP1a SDK. P3D v1.4 is a substitute. So you really don't need to install the FSX SDK. Now the next question. Are you developing? If not you did not need the SDK. If you are developing just use the P3D v1.4 files to develop what ever you choose.
 
I will be developing!
Few questions
Does the Prepare 1.4 not need patching then?

New to FSX, and I have read you need SDK working for some add-ons. Would they find the Prepare SDK installation tools? There is no menu in FSX. I think there should be a tools menu?

Appreciate any answers, but I expect I'll hunt out a copy of Deluxe sometime and just do things the easy way.
 
You do not need anything other than the P3Dv1.4 SDK. Period. Full Stop.

Installing any of the SDKs does not automatically install the various tools.

You must configure the Tools yourself before they will show up on the sim's Top Toolbar. Just read the instructions and perform the tasks as directed.
 
The master has spoken and I feel the strength of his words, please take heed.
All kidding aside, Bill is telling you straight.
I use Max 2015 and I need both the P3D v1.4 and v2.5 to export my models. I have no need of the FSX SDK. All the P3D SDKs are free downloads from the Prepar3d site. Read the P3D SDK documentation for installing the Aces Tools.
 
Ahh, many thanks. Was actually juggling this alongside FSX not working at all so went brain dead. Turned out to be corrupt dx dll's shipped with win10 not permitting FSX to start. Introduction to FSX by fire.
 
Back
Top