• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FXEditor update

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have just released an updated version of the FXEditor tool. In this new version the following new features are included:
  • In the text editor you can use code folding on emitters, particles and particle attributes. This means that for complex effects you can collapse some of them and thereby navigate easier through the file.
  • There is a Remove emitter button now, which will remove the emitter, particle and particle effect sections of the emitter that the cursor is currently in. This way you can quickly remove an entire emitter.
  • You can now add templates to the FX file. This way you can for example add another emitter more easily. The templates themselves are stored in the FXTemplates folder in FXEditor, so you can add your own if you want. And if there are suggestions to improve the default templates or add more templates, just let me know.
  • I have added an up to date manual to the FXEditor tool as well now.

Country
netherlands
Hi Arno, I noticed that the button Save As in FXEditor does not work. I assume, that there should be a possibility to load a existing fx, make soms changes and then save as with another name. But nothing is happening when I click on the Save as button. Is this my mistake somewhere ?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Let me check, it should indeed behave like you write.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

That was indeed a bug. For some reason the event of clicking the save as button was lost, it will be working again in the next development release.

Country
netherlands
Can happen. ;) Can you tell when this will be. Of course there is a workaround, but a mistake with loss of the original fx is easily made . :oops:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The new development release is online now.