• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Gate Animation

Messages
15
Country
unitedstates
I really do not know if this is the right forum. If it is not, Please excuse me.

What I am trying to do is make a gate that will animate in flight simulator that will accomadate several diffrent aircraft. For example, 737, 747, 767, etc. I can animate a single gate size, but would like to use the CAT tool to add a nav2 and height animation conditions. I read the tutorial for CAT and GMAX gate animaton, what I do not know how to do is animate a gate that will animate to several diffrent heights. Can this even be done? :confused: If it could, do I need to animate the several diffrent heights in GMAX or do I use some other tool like CAT to do the diffrent animations?

Thanks,
Wes
 
Hi Wes,

You would have to make different versions of your gate in GMax. Each should have the same number of parts and frames in the animation. But all animations use a different end height and position for the head of the gate (to match the aircraft types).

CAT will then combine all these different models into a single model.
 
Back
Top