• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Getting Started

Messages
3
Country
newzealand
I've just started looking into creating my own scenery as there isn't much available in the South Pacific.

I've learnt what PhotoReal Scenery is which I can build I believe.

What I want though is amazing Airport and major buildings in my towns / cities as well. Such as this
http://www.islandsim.com/rarotonga-international.html

Where the heck do I start?
 
Hi,

To make 3D objects you need a 3D modeling tools, like GMax, 3DS Max, Blender or Sketchup. Just pick one (that you maybe know already) and start learning making models for FS. It's best to start with a simple object to learn the specifics, and then move to complex airport buildings.

To make an airport most people use ADE to define the taxiways, aprons, etc.

If you want to alter the terrain as well SBuilderX is a good choice.

There are many tools involved, so take it step by step. You'll see it's a lot of fun (and a bit addictive).
 
Back
Top