• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Ground polygon is flickering

Country
israel
as you can see the alt in MCX is set to 0 and in the sim the GP is raised to 4251.99 feet that is equivalent to 1296.008 as mentioned above..

Attachments

• 2019-4-25_17-13-56-233.jpg
    2019-4-25_17-13-56-233.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 169
Hi,

You may want to give us some better information by sharing what you did exactly.
Others (nor me) have this problem so you are doing something wrong.
How did you make your GP?
With what tool?
How have you converted it to what?
Then what tool did you use on what to make an mdl/bgl?
Is the dae model flat and set at 0 alt?
What is the elevation of your (ADE?) airport? Did you change the default altitude?
I can continue like this for a long time but it will not serve any purpose unless you show us exactly what you are doing.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Your placement information looks fine. These values mean it will be placed on ground level.

If that's not the case you either have another file that alters the ground elevation. Or you might have a missing texture somewhere.

Country
israel
Hi,

You may want to give us some better information by sharing what you did exactly.
Others (nor me) have this problem so you are doing something wrong.
How did you make your GP?
With what tool?
How have you converted it to what?
Then what tool did you use on what to make an mdl/bgl?
Is the dae model flat and set at 0 alt?
What is the elevation of your (ADE?) airport? Did you change the default altitude?
I can continue like this for a long time but it will not serve any purpose unless you show us exactly what you are doing.

the model is created in sketchup, 1005 flat and not raied at all.
exported as a DAE in MCX then used the GPW to export is BGL.
the alt of my ADE airport is 648.004 and thats the default alt of the airport(for the record im using a photoreal that has its own terrain)

Country
israel
Hi,

Your placement information looks fine. These values mean it will be placed on ground level.

If that's not the case you either have another file that alters the ground elevation. Or you might have a missing texture somewhere.

the only files I have in the scenery folder are the AFCAD, the CVX and the BGL of the GP...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And are all textures in the texture folder?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
We have you all suggestions we have. Since we don't have your files I think that's all we can do without more information.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, but the files I looked at before worked without problems on my PC. So it must be something you do different on your side.

Country
israel
I had to re-export the GP through MCX because of a coordinate error, before the re-export it wokred perfectly and the original file is the same..

Country
germany
- What Sim are you using?
- Which version of MCX are you using?
- How many parts does your GP consist of?
- What is your default layer setting in the options menu (for example 1, -1, 16) and
- ...how is your layer setting for your ground polygons?

I NOTICED YOUR ALT SETTINGS (GENERAL SETTINGS) in the "options" menu is "0". That is not correct. This ALT setting (all these settings) has to be the same setting like your airport, otherwise you will indeed have a huge rise of your groundpoly....