• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Ground UVW Size

Messages
994
Country
macedonia
Hello.I have already opened one threat about my ground poly from top view and he is looking like stupid ground and he is bumping with some dots...I think this can be problem with UVW mapping.Im always giving 10 weight and 10 lenght i think or 30/30 but its same.Can you give me tutorial about lenght and weight dimensions for uvw mapping ? please help
 
I think i maked the runway to dont making like this but lines bumping also.Can someone solve my problem ?
 
Hello,

You should tile your texture. That means that you should repeat the texture so that each 30 x 30 feet (or meters) covers only a surface of 30 x 30.
What program do you use? I can only explain well how to do it in the ADE Ground Poly Editor.

PS: what do you mean by 'bumping'?
 
IM using gmax.Can you give me little tutorial here with video/text how can i tile my texture and make it 30x30 and looks perfect like aerosoft and etc..? Thanks so much and bumping is like going left right up down lighting and etc.. like bugged and like folded 2 planes.
 
Sorry but I cannot explain how with Gmax but I guess the principle is the same.
If you have a ground polygon of 90m x 90m and you have a texture that is defined to cover a 10m x 10m surface, I suppose the program will tile (UV map) if you follow the following tutorial in the wiki: http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ground_polygon_creation_with_GMax
Are you sure you are making a ground poly on a flattened terrain? With what program do you convert the gmax file into an FS model?
 
Can you recommend to me how can i make with another program to use to make REAL ground polygon like aerosoft,taxi2gate,flytampa and etc.. ?? thanks and im sure for flatten, im using MCX
 
Yes, Use the Ground poly Editor. It is part of the Airport Design Editor Tool (called ADE for short).
MCX does not flatten the ground as far as I know. You must flatten it first and then use the Groundpoly Wizard.
Have you taken a look at the Wiki page here? It contains a lot of tutorials.
As I told you, I am not proficient enough in Gmax to make good ground polys with that program.
 
I want my ground to look like stucked like a image, like aerosoft, flytampa and taxi2gate.This is my problem.I want to be my ground like image, to not moving and bumping only to be like stucked and like image.Thankss please help
 
I dont want to try this tutorial if someone dont confirm that is which i looking for ? (to look like image and etc..)) ?
 
Aerosoft doesn't make a tutorial to publish their workflows and techniques. The basics are outlined in the tutorial I linked. You are a beginner. You must learn the basics.
 
I know that but i want my ground to look like image to dont bumping and somethink like this ? Help me please. bmart i know you know and you are pro.Can you make a simple 1 runway and 1 taxiway in teamviewer to set it in your way to look realistic and i will learn from you very good for 5 minutes ?
 
I'm far from a pro. Just about everything I know about ground polys comes from that Womack tutorial and the others listed in the wiki. You can do it! Just stay patient and follow the instructions exactly. If you think GPs are a challenge, wait until you animate your first jetway!
 
Back
Top