In an original manual it states that start up is down in the DECREASE RPM position, then onto the warm up where it states "During the warm up the engines shall be run at 800-1000RPM in the INCREASE RPM position" and says that the change from high to low pitch should be made about a minute after starting. It makes sense... BUT... in the ground test check list it says that the HG should be 30". I might be ignorant or maybe it is a little ambiguous, but is it safe to assume they mean to start out at 800-1000RPM at say 9", gradually increase the prop control to full then bring up the power to 30" which naturally gives me full RPM, in this case 2300???
I don't even know how a general ground test is done. All the other states in the check list point to it being run at 30" at 2300RPM (oil temp and pressure, CHT and so on)... I guess my main question is, is it normal to do a ground test flat out, loads of power in low pitch, rear wheel hovering off the ground even with ballast and the whole aircraft begging to launch into oblivion?
(I'm using this info to tune the aircraft.cfg)
I don't even know how a general ground test is done. All the other states in the check list point to it being run at 30" at 2300RPM (oil temp and pressure, CHT and so on)... I guess my main question is, is it normal to do a ground test flat out, loads of power in low pitch, rear wheel hovering off the ground even with ballast and the whole aircraft begging to launch into oblivion?
(I'm using this info to tune the aircraft.cfg)
Last edited:

