• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help, common problem

Messages
31
Country
us-iowa
Im creating a virtual cockpit for a e2c. I want to test the vc so far in fsx, so I exported my model as a .X, and then imported the .X file into MakeMDL and I get this error. (using 3ds max 2012)


Running model

Start! (C:\Users\brandon\e2.X)
Loading X C:\Users\brandon\e2.X...
ERROR: Invalid X file: C:\Users\brandon\e2.X.
Error!
Error!

Im new to fsx modeling, but not textures and effects.

I know this is a common problem. Ive looked around google and thus leading up to this error.

Thanks help is very much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Which x-file exporter are you using?

For FSX you should be using the Prepar3d SDK tools, with updated (beta) Max 2012 plugin.
 
Read the instructions? I know that's not the most popular thing to do, but I can assure you that it's essential.

I recommend starting here:

..\Prepar3D SDK 1.0.2042.0\doc\sdk overview.html
 
Back
Top