• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Help me install SDK

I have a .dae file for an aircraft I am working on, I want to export .mdl with model converter x.

I receive this error
sdk4-png.19759

this is my current export settings

sdk3-png.19760

I need help installing SDK. I have read the forums , wiki , and have spoken with =rk= about the situation here are some screenshots of errors I receive. I have FSX with Acceleration Pack installed, I also have Prepar3d v1.4 SDK.

Here are the errors I get when trying to download the links for either SP1A or SP2 .

sdk-png.19761

sdk2-png.19762

Do I need the Deluxe edition to make an .mdl file? Can someone please guide me in the right direction. Like I said before I have the .dae file for the model, if anyone would like to simply take a look at it export to .mdl and zip it back... I would be very grateful , so I don't have to figure out all this SDK nonsense :( lol :p

Attachments

• sdk4.png
    sdk4.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,271
  • sdk3.png
    sdk3.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,223
  • SDK.png
    SDK.png
    132 KB · Views: 1,389
  • sdk2.png
    sdk2.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,478

ollyau

Resource contributor
Yep, you need the RTM SDK (located on the second FSX Deluxe DVD) before you can install the SP1a or Acceleration/SP2 SDKs.

you can try to download from oficial sites. I think here you can get sp1a and sp2. If you not have the SDK installed to have the mdl is useless.

Yep, you need the RTM SDK (located on the second FSX Deluxe DVD) before you can install the SP1a or Acceleration/SP2 SDKs.

if I don't have disk two of Deluxe Edition is there any hope? I have standard FSX and Expansion at home.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Nope. That RTM SDK was only released with the "FSX Deluxe" version, and I believe with the "FSX Gold" version (the one with FSX & Accleration on 3 disks).

However! Since you have the P3D v1.x SDK installed, you really don't need the FSX SDK at all, because they are virtually identical!

n4gix

Resource contributor
So then why can't I export an .mdl without an error what is the correct export write XtoMDL path?
Your current path is to the ..\FSX_GMaxGamepack\plugins\xtomdl.exe which does not exist!

The correct path should be the 3DSM7 folder of the P3D v1.x SDK:

..\Environment Kit\Modeling SDK\3DSM7\Plugins\XtoMDL.exe

Got it
Your current path is to the ..\FSX_GMaxGamepack\plugins\xtomdl.exe which does not exist!

The correct path should be the 3DSM7 folder of the P3D v1.x SDK:

..\Environment Kit\Modeling SDK\3DSM7\Plugins\XtoMDL.exe

Got it !! Good to go !! Thank you very much !!