• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Here's a funny issue with simconnect.

Messages
1,130
Country
australia
I just started FSX to check if I had configured a sound the correct way for an aircraft in MSFS. Well, I was quite surprised to find out that my sounds weren't working in FSX. And then I noticed that none of my simconnect gauges were working in any of my aircraft in FSX. What the hell has just happened?

Fortunately, I include a bit of debug information in my gauges so I was able to see that the Sim Version was listed as 11-0 and then the penny dropped. I had MSFS open at the same time and my simconnect FSX gauges in FSX were connecting to the MSFS simconnect client. Shutting down MSFS and restarting FSX fixed the issue.

I must say, I'm very surprised to see that the 32bit FSX simconnect gauge was able to connect to MSFS and work well enough to be able to return the sim version and sim connect version numbers. Now I'm wondering if I could control MSFS through FSX.
 
Truthfully: I'm not surprised. Asobo started with the the 32-bit base code of FSX, so there's a high chance quite a lot of the MSFS code is just a 64-bit wrapper around a 32-bit call. If it ain't broke...
 
Back
Top