• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

How far do exclusion polygons affect.

Messages
311
Country
australia
I have been busy developing scenery for Sechelt BC which entailed changing the coastline of the Sechelt Inlet to better replicate the actual scenery there.
In doing that I had to create a exclusion (for shoreline) polygon as my scenery left default shorelines from the FSX default scenery.

I decided to create an exclusion polygon (for the default shorelines) to cover my new water area (water polygon) but in doing so noted that the previous default shorelines disappeared from areas OUTSIDE my scenery 'area'.
I then experimented REDUCING the size of the exclusion polygon to just a very small area to determine at what point the default shorelines reappeared - they DIDN'T.

I am now wondering if by excluding PART of an existing shoreline which is originally a SINGLE VECTOR you exclude the complete VECTOR. If not how do shoreline exclusion polygons work and how big should they be?
 
Hydro polys and shorelines are clipped to QMid 11 rectangles, see the SDK.
 
<---reading SDK... I used to understand this stuff?!?! HOW?

This is like reading a foreign language but without a cypher/rosetta stone.

Its not the easiest reading, but its worth it.
 
Originally I have my exclusion poly and water poly virtually the sane size (approx 1 mile x 1 mile in area).
I now have the water poly the same and the shoreline exclusion poly about 10% of the area of the water poly and it all looks good except that I need to redraw shore line vector along parts not only around my new water poly but also outside that area which have been removed - that's ok all fun I guess using the placement of an aircraft in FSX and 'connect' in ADE to determine placement.
While I experiment I continue to learn.
 
Back
Top