• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX How to create ski slopes?

Messages
293
Country
us-virginia
I've seen some freeware ski areas created for FS2004 and would like to try to create a few ski areas of my own. I tried searching ski slopes and ski areas but get no hits. Could someone point me in a direction or toward a tutorial on how to do this? I figure one has to use actual satellite image data and a scenery utility to do this but I have no idea what the best satellite imagery is, how to access it, what to do with it when I even find it, what program to use to even recreate the slopes for FSX, etc. I am completely new at this, as you can tell. I don't even know the scenery design lingo to know what people are even talking about! Any direction is much appreciated!

Todd
 
Back
Top