- Messages
- 19
- Country

Hello everybody, I've got a simple question, well I think it is simple.
I have some Airbus aircraft that are fantastic, however they can be problematic when descending. Currently I have to start my descent a little bit early so I do not exceed 1500-1600 fpm, otherwise the aircraft will gain too much speed. The logical thing to do is deploy spoilers and add some drag to the aircraft, however that doesn't slow the aircraft at all, it will keep it from exceeding 260 knots but not any slower. Some airports (I fly on vatsim) tend to have you slow to210 knots or less when you are close to the final approach course, which is something I can't do with the aircraft currently.
So, can you guys tell me how I can fix this or maybe just add some drag to the aircraft/ make the spoilers more effective? I have AirEd but when I open the airfile there is nothing there to edit.
Thank you
I have some Airbus aircraft that are fantastic, however they can be problematic when descending. Currently I have to start my descent a little bit early so I do not exceed 1500-1600 fpm, otherwise the aircraft will gain too much speed. The logical thing to do is deploy spoilers and add some drag to the aircraft, however that doesn't slow the aircraft at all, it will keep it from exceeding 260 knots but not any slower. Some airports (I fly on vatsim) tend to have you slow to210 knots or less when you are close to the final approach course, which is something I can't do with the aircraft currently.
So, can you guys tell me how I can fix this or maybe just add some drag to the aircraft/ make the spoilers more effective? I have AirEd but when I open the airfile there is nothing there to edit.
Thank you




