• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 INF file for custom landclass texture

Messages
244
Country
finland
Hi Guys,

I have been seaching the forum up and down and reading the SDK, but din't find the answer.

I'm trying to replace a landclass texture. From what I have been reading, it should be possible to have an own scenery folder with a bgl (by the resampler) and the texture (of course in the right folders).
So, what I'm looking for is the right content of the inf file. Of course I know how to make Photo sceneries, but I'm sure it must be quite different. Could somebody be so kind and point me to the right way?

Thanks!

Kai
 
That would take a custom landclass .bgl in the scenery folder and your custom LC textures in the accompanying texture folder. Really the only difference in the .inf will be Layer = LandClass as opposed to Layer = Imagery but your source needs to be indexed color with the correct values for the chosen landclass. Best bet is to use SBuilderX's landclass tool which will allow you to place the LC of your choice at any given location, when you click "compile" SBX will generate a .raw file (the source) and an .inf to go along with it, the resulting .bgl is what you need for your scenery folder. Add your properly named custom textures to the texture folder and you should be on your way.

Jim
 
Hi Jim,

Now I see. That was much more simple than I thought.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,
Kai
 
Back
Top