• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

Country
italy
Hello Don,
This is my first test scenery with AFLT4 (version 4.2.14).
I state that when starting a new project, it is loaded only from a .BGL file (from .XML file, error returns).
Loaded the .BGL file with lights already set in ADE, I don't make changes, I go immediately to compile the project. After successfully creating in C: Users User Documents 3D v4 Add-ons AFLT for P3D the next step asks you to indicate the path where the Resample file is located. exe (in use F: Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.13.32097 World Terrain).

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

from an examination of the file G: P3D_SDK AFLT4 Projects FNDA Lights P3Dv4 AFLT_FNDA_Bases_X.xml

the "heading" attribute in the Element "SceneryObject" heading = "154,096189627837"
it is not valid. The value 154,096189627837 is not valid for the data type 'stHeading' - the string "154,096189627837" is not a valid Double value.
Replacing the comma with the file point file .XML is validated!!!

My SO is Windows 10 Pro 1903 ITA

MiG_000a.jpg
MiG_000a.jpg
MiG_002a.jpg

Attachments

• FNDA_Projects.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 330

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for reporting, Giovanni. I had forgotten that Microsoft's compilers insist on the decimal point being a period.

I will fix and re-release later today.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Giovanni, please try the attached.

Also, please send me a copy of the exception message you receive when attempting to load the airport .xml. I suspect it's a related problem. Or better still, send me the airport .xml file so I can be sure to fully clear the problem.

Don

Attachments

• AFLT4214(a).zip
    264.1 KB · Views: 310

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Oops. Didn't completely fix the P3D version.

Don

Attachments

• AFLT4214(b).zip
    264.1 KB · Views: 301
Country
italy
MiG_001.jpg
I opened a new project: FNBG. I tried
I opened a new project: FNBG. I tried the two versions (a) and (b); all versions load the .BGL file correctly and not the .XML file. (Error message: "Incorrect string format")
All two versions compile correctly in G: P3D_SDK AFLT4 Projects FNBG Lights P3Dv4
AFLT_FNBG_Bases_X.BGL / xml
AFLT_FNBG_Lights_X.BGL / xml
Giovanni

Attachments

• FNBG_ADEX_MiG.rar
    5.3 KB · Views: 299

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for testing, Giovanni. I have reproduced and fixed the .xml as airport file issue. It had nothing to do with commas and, in fact, was a nearly "Day 1" issue. Version 4.2.15 will be posted by the time you wake up tomorrow.

For some reason I am unable too communicate with you at the email address from which you sent the other communication. Unfortunately, I do not have a Facebook account. But thank you for the kudos.

Thanks also for the Italian version of the user manual. If you have no objection, I will include it in my standard distribution archive - with credit to you, of course.

Don