• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS List the things wrong with Sim Update v5

Country
senegal
Missing jetways at my own scenery GOBD, at the freeware EDLP by Aerosoft and default RJTT Tokyo Haneda.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.30 - 12.39.55.13.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.30 - 12.03.32.32.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.30 - 12.11.18.80.png

Country
canada
yup - but they are there in Dev mode correct? Same thing here pal. I was literlaly about to launch as well yesterday. Now this insanity. INSANE.

Has anyone possible solved this? or worked around it? This is huge.

Country
senegal
yup - but they are there in Dev mode correct? Same thing here pal. I was literlaly about to launch as well yesterday. Now this insanity. INSANE.

Has anyone possible solved this? or worked around it? This is huge.
But the worst is it's random for me sometimes they show sometimes they don't. And many people say they don't have the issue but they may reload to the same gate and find them missing the next time.
EDIT: Now they show up. All I did was to update the SDK, but I'll test this some more before calling it fixed.
EDIT2: Again not showing, I give up!

Last edited:
Country
peru
I have a really annoying one:
  • DEV Mode is ON
  • At least one DEV mode window is open (aircraft editor, console, etc...)
  • operate joystick HAT switch/POV (or wait short time)
    • mouse cursor sent o top left
    • this brings up DV mode menu
    • all joystick input loses focus, no control.
This has made dev mode basically unusable. If I close all dev windows, the muse cursor is again sent to to left, therefore making the dev menu appear. no lost focus though. However, this means that when I am just playing (and not developing), I either live with the dev menu being always there, or exit dev mode...

Country
russia
Have you tried making the window wider to see if it's just getting cut off? Everything is there for me.
I was referring to the new groups of objects that I created myself. The main groups of objects have arrows. For example, I created the APRON group, but these objects cannot be collapsed. I can see the groups fully expanded and the arrow is missing.

Country
australia
I can't get the Coherent debugger to run. I can open the HTML page in my browser (Brave) but it renders poorly, and is impossible to choose things in the navigation pane.

Country
germany
Can still not start the sim, nothing happens when clicking on the icon:

-System

-Provider
[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

-EventID1001
[ Qualifiers] 0

Version0

Level4

Task0

Opcode0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2021-08-01T05:57:29.4593259Z

EventRecordID49826

Correlation

-Execution
[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

ChannelApplication

ComputerHere is the correct name, I do not show here

Security

-EventData

MoAppCrash

Nicht verfügbar

Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

praid:App

FlightSimulator.exe

c0000005

000000000277bb5d

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD91A.tmp.dmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDBE9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDBFA.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDC08.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDC18.tmp.txt

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.Flight_5dc9cc6078c4597639b8b3e8ad58c7f9e8f78_652e0ba4_6071af05-3500-4225-9dfe-c4a52647fa09

7d3ce2fc-fa36-438a-ac67-e77edbd05bca

0d232caef4fe4192211869d24586c486

Country
netherlands
Is it just me or are walking strobes on the approach light system broken now (not flashing at all). They never worked correctly as there should only be one strobe on at a time but msfs always showed a few strobes on at a time (bug filed in beta, never fixed). But now it stopped working all together.

Country
greece
Hi there.
Two different cases here with projected meshes.
Case one: Scenery has slightly corrupted projected mesh (difficult to be noticed). This scenery can't be recompiled (no layout.json and manifest.json files created probably due to projected mesh -will verify later)
Case two: Scenery with no corrupted projected mesh (less complex with less layers). Scenery recompiles fine.
I remembered the case were no more than three projected meshes were allowed back in February.

-=Manwlo=-

I also noticed that if you have several sceneries which has a model that uses a texture called, for example, terminal.png.dds, MSFS will sometimes load the texture from another add-on, and not the add-on it's loading the BGL file from. Not sure I made myself clear

Country
unitedstates
I also noticed that if you have several sceneries which has a model that uses a texture called, for example, terminal.png.dds, MSFS will sometimes load the texture from another add-on, and not the add-on it's loading the BGL file from. Not sure I made myself clear
An effect of the Virtual File System. Last item with the same name found is the one used. Name of the add-on, and the add-on path itself is irrelevant.

D:\add_on_A\materials
and
D:\add_on_B\materials

is the same location in VFS.

This is why it is best to use a library for common materials, models and to make all filenames unique (so as not to interfere with assets created by another developer).

Country
us-vermont
3 CTD,s in a row this AM... restarted system ... fs2020 heaved itself to its feet ... great performance considering my NVIDIA 560TI .. BUT .. major new problem with shorelines .. this is already been reported to asobo ..I'm wondering if the very common "submerged objects" you see around shorelines is giving them fits .. I've seen this on Maui as well.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 117
An effect of the Virtual File System. Last item with the same name found is the one used. Name of the add-on, and the add-on path itself is irrelevant.

D:\add_on_A\materials
and
D:\add_on_B\materials

is the same location in VFS.

This is why it is best to use a library for common materials, models and to make all filenames unique (so as not to interfere with assets created by another developer).

We are all aware of this for the modellib.bgl previously, but the textures was just fine, this needs to be changed as several people name their textures after what it's being made, I myself use icao name before the textures, however it's not the case with many freeware. The bug I'm mentioning is not even related to my own development, but a few freeware sceneries I have downloaded and tracked down the problem to being the same texture name. It's amazing how all these new features introduced are actually new bugs. Just awful management.

Country
italy
Hi, I found that slowly the developer camera rotates around its horizontal axis counterclockwise, so you can see the scene slowly overturning.