- Messages
- 4
- Country

I am trying to correct the MAGDEC/MAGVAR for specific airports so that they work correctly in a 3rd party glass cockpit product.
I am currently using the Magnetic variation update by Hervé Sors which brings the local variation very close to real world, but the Glass Cockpit software throws an ILS Course Error if the ILS course (supplied via FSUIPC) is different from that which you set on the MCP (from the real charts).
In most cases the difference is small, i.e. 0.0X degrees, but is enough, with rounding up/down, to make the course differ.
What I am really asking is; is there a way of making a localised magdec file, which will only affect one small area? If so, then I could correct the specific airports and everything will work properly together
SeanG
I am currently using the Magnetic variation update by Hervé Sors which brings the local variation very close to real world, but the Glass Cockpit software throws an ILS Course Error if the ILS course (supplied via FSUIPC) is different from that which you set on the MCP (from the real charts).
In most cases the difference is small, i.e. 0.0X degrees, but is enough, with rounding up/down, to make the course differ.
What I am really asking is; is there a way of making a localised magdec file, which will only affect one small area? If so, then I could correct the specific airports and everything will work properly together
SeanG