• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MDL is not a valid MDL File

Country
france
Hi !

This is the message that Library Creator XML sent me after converting my SKP object into MDL with ModelConverterX

929281Sanstitre.jpg

I have the P3D v2.5 SDK and windows 10.

I don't know if the problem is from MCX or LibaryCreator XML , any ideas ?

Thank's in d'avance !

Country
france
Here is the complete process that i made :

I Import the object into Model Converter X

Sanstitre.jpg

Resizing by 2 the textures :

Sanstitre1.jpg

Predicting and Minimizing the drawcalls :

Sanstitre2.jpg

Saving the textures :

Sanstitre3.jpg

Exporting into FSX MDL object :
Sanstitre4.jpg

Opening Library Creator XML and creating a library :

Sanstitre5.jpg

Opening the MDL object :

:
Sanstitre6.jpg

And ...

929281Sanstitre.jpg

I hope that thoses pictures can help you to understand the problem !

I have not the faintest what you are talking about, even with all the screenshots you sent.
It should be easy:
Make sure you have a X01\scenery folder and a X01\texture folder.
Export the scenery to your X01\scenery folder;
Convert the textures to dds and resize them to be a power of 2 and put them in the X01 texture folder.
What do you need the XML Library Creator for???
If you want to put more mdl's into the same bgl, then use the 'merge' tool.

Country
france
That is the problem , there is no object into my MDL !

It's difficult to explain , sorry :duck:

Country
france
Forget all the history Over , the problem is from ModelConverterX .

All MDL or BGL that i made is unvalid , here is my exporter settings page , there could be the problem :

861023Sanstitre.jpg

Is all Ok ?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
AFAIK you cannot use the P3D 2.5 SDK to create FSX models. You need to use the P3D 1.4 SDK for that.

Country
france
Hi !

Ok Tom , Thank you , i'll reinstall My FSX !

Rob , It doesn't work even if i select the P3D MDL , Tom reply to My answer !

Country
france
Hi !
So with the FSX SDK The MDL work very well , but i have another problem : if i want to convert my MDL object into a BGL object with LibaryCreator , i have this error :

736411Sanstitre.jpg

:mad:

Any ideas ?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If you use the Library Creator XML development release version you can also work with P3D MDL files. But the version you are using only supports FSX MDL files.