• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 MDL Tweaker issue

Messages
1,043
Country
us-northcarolina
Hello,

Years ago I created a simple effect placer as follows:
  • Create simple rectangle in Sketchup
  • Add effect to it in MCX
  • Repeat for other effects
  • Compile into a library
All that works great in EZ-Scenery.

EffectPlacer.jpg


Several effects are difference sizes smoke plumes that I position inside chimneys on roofs. Example is on ground.

Guenther gave me the excellent idea to have those displayed only during the cold days of the years.
So I did:
  • Open MDL in MDL Tweaker
  • Add object condition. (I originally tried min: 309, max: 78)
  • Click on apply for each condition
  • Save MDL
  • Recompile my library
MDL_Tweaker.jpg


Unfortunately this didn't work and my smoke is still visible during cold days.
I know conditions are applied only at load time. To test I saved a flight in Summer, I don't change the season through the menu.
So that's one problem.

Problem #2 that showed up from testing another way:
I thought of testing with a single object instead of a library.
I opened the MDL file in MCX, compile it and got an error message. Worse, MCX actually deleted my MDL from the hard drive. A corrupted BGL file was created)

Error.jpg


Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

P.S. I'm attaching the MDL files.
 

Attachments

Back
Top