• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Missing Terminal

Country
australia
I have a ORBX scenery YBBN, that for some reason, which I no doubt caused, has lost it domestic terminal and three satellites. Every thing else is there, including the international terminal, all roads, train station etc...just the Domestic terminal building has done a runner.
On my FSX Steam machine, it works great, every thing there. On my FSX machine, where 99% of my flight sim is done, is where I have the problem.
Any thoughts as to why?

Attachments

• ORBX YBBN BUILDINGS.JPG
    ORBX YBBN BUILDINGS.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 497
  • ORBX YBBN MAIN TERMINAL.JPG
    ORBX YBBN MAIN TERMINAL.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 494

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Looks like a licensing issue, or perhaps scenery complexity setting out of range.

Country
australia
Hi rk, thanks for the reply.
As you see from the first pic, even when at a gate(20) the buildings have gone, but the supporting bits are there. In the second pic, I can fly about the place and all scenery remains in place, other than the main terminal building. For many years I have used this scenery with no issues.

lately, Orbx have been upping their scenery security and wondered if this was the issue. So, I removed the new version of their central and used the old version that came with YBBN, but still no domestic terminal. The Steam machine YBBN works great.

So, I have done some thing different between the two machines. In both instances I removed YBBN and the new version of Central and re-installed YBBN and the Orbx Australia AU with no updates, which installs the old version of Central. Maybe it is an issue where the Orbx Library is some how not happy on my FSX Win 7 machine, whereas my FSX Steam win 10 machines library is not compromised??

Geoff

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I ma not really sure what central is and how you can remove it independent of YBBN. The circumstance with security is that Drzewiecki and many Aerosoft products disable key model components of a scenery when security parameters are not met. The consequence is that everything will be present except the terminal. If ORBX allows only one installation per software license, the second machine would trigger the security algorithm.
Object libraries are for commonly reused models like crates and automobiles. Terminals are unique and do not occupy object libraries typically.

Country
australia
rk, thanks for the reply. FTX Central, is sort of like the configuration gate which all programs flow through, and in turn, access the object library, which is updated from time to time. FTX Central V3 now monitors each purchase receipt to ensure it is valid.
My main FSX machine was the only machine that had any Orbx scenery. It is when the YBBN had its issue that I installed it at my second machine. The install is via a DVD, so no security, or call back to base is involved at all as long as I do not use FTX Central v3. There is no licence key.

Yes, I understand what you mean about object libraries.

Anyway, one of those things. One day I will have to reload FSX, which in turn will mean I reload YBBN. This time I will do it first, check it as I load other ecenery and work out what made it upset.

Thanks for your help rk.

Regards
Geoff