• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Modifying gate in 3rd party

Country
france
Hi,
I used ADE a lot with P3D to redesign 3rd party airports in order to have my AI traffic properly using gate (Size, Number and Airline code).
I have undertsood that it is more difficult to do it with MFSF, but it seems that I succed to do it with ADE.

I tried to change the Radius and allocate an airline code for a given gate (from a 3rd party airport). But when I reopen the .bgl file from my community folder, the radius is properly changed, but the airline code not.
Here is what I did:
  1. Create project
  2. Import MSFS bgl file
  3. Add Modellib.bgl to the Objects Manager.
  4. Save and reopen project
  5. Make changes to parking gates i.e. enlarging radiues, allocating airlines code)
  6. Save project and run project
  7. Replace original bgl file with the newly created one in the community folder
  8. Run MSFS
Did I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any help

Country
southkorea
In my case, after entering the parking code and building the package, I opened the BGL and it didn't show up in ADE. But when I put it in the community folder and ran MSFS, it was reflected normally. You need to check if it appears normally in msfs.

Country
france
In my case, after entering the parking code and building the package, I opened the BGL and it didn't show up in ADE. But when I put it in the community folder and ran MSFS, it was reflected normally. You need to check if it appears normally in msfs.
Thanks for your reply, I will try this way