• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Toolkit by Nool Aerosystems

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Polygon Meyenheim.kml perhaps should be named: Polygon_Meyenheim.kml (no spaces)

Country
france
Hello !
Thanks for your suggestions.
By filling in the path in front of border and imagery, I no longer have an error.
Thinks

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I just wanted to say this tool is incredible. Had a bit of a learning curve for me but I was able to get some 1 meter LIDAR data in for my airport and the terrain now matches real life. I had already manually done some terraform rectangles before finding this tool as there is a hilly area next to the runway that I was trying to re-create. I had done "ok" but using this tool and the data it now looks like my reference photos! All of the little slopes next to the taxiways and ramps are there! Thanks so much for your awesome toolset!

Attachments

• Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_51_54-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_51_54-PM.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 202
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_52_34-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_52_34-PM.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 203
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_53_26-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_53_26-PM.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 193
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_10-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_10-PM.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 173
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_42-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-5_55_42-PM.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 191
Country
unitedstates
Following up on my last post I am having problems compiling my airport now after adding in the elevation data. The elevations look great when I am in DevMode and in the scenery editor. As soon as I click save scenery though in the sim the package will not build anymore and gives me an error. I can then run the MSFS Toolkit and compile the elevations again and it creates the airport xml file again and that one I can build a package without errors. Basically I am able to build the xml after I run the msfs elev tool from the toolkit but as soon as I click save scenery in the scenery editor in the SDK the file will no longer compile. I don't even have to edit anything in the scenery editor. Just one click of save scenery and it will no longer compile. Anyone have any solution to this? I have attached screenshots below of when I first build the package after running the msfs elev toolkit and then the console log after I have saved the scenery in the editor and it will no longer build.

Attachments

• Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_01_08-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_01_08-PM.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 116
  • Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_16_11-PM.jpg
    Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1_16_2022-11_16_11-PM.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
Country
norway
Following up on my last post I am having problems compiling my airport now after adding in the elevation data. The elevations look great when I am in DevMode and in the scenery editor. As soon as I click save scenery though in the sim the package will not build anymore and gives me an error. I can then run the MSFS Toolkit and compile the elevations again and it creates the airport xml file again and that one I can build a package without errors. Basically I am able to build the xml after I run the msfs elev tool from the toolkit but as soon as I click save scenery in the scenery editor in the SDK the file will no longer compile. I don't even have to edit anything in the scenery editor. Just one click of save scenery and it will no longer compile. Anyone have any solution to this? I have attached screenshots below of when I first build the package after running the msfs elev toolkit and then the console log after I have saved the scenery in the editor and it will no longer build.
The last few months, Asobo has set a maximum line length for the XML. Paavo has created a fix for this, but this is not yet released. I don't know why, but if you're into git, you can try and download the master branch from here: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit

Issue: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit/issues/1

Country
unitedstates
The last few months, Asobo has set a maximum line length for the XML. Paavo has created a fix for this, but this is not yet released. I don't know why, but if you're into git, you can try and download the master branch from here: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit

Issue: https://github.com/noolaero/msfs-toolkit/issues/1
Thank you! That appears to have been the issue. I downloaded the master branch and the file compiles again after saving in the scenery editor! I would have never found this solution as I am not really a big Github user. Now I will make my edits again that I was working on and save and hopefully it will keep working!

Country
unitedstates
First off thank you to Pavo and the community for this tool.

Question: Does anybody know the exact source MSFS World Update II: USA is using?

Upgrading MSFS current Mesh in U.S.A. even with the recent World Update II: USA applied.
is there really any improvement to be had?

47F5668E-ADBD-4736-9305-05F031FD3912-1536x628.jpeg

Using 1 meter source from this link.

QYQsF9F.jpeg

I replaced Block Island recently in New England and WOW it looks great but trying to compare it with and without.
Difficult to identify. CLIFFS appear pretty close to same in detail.

Attachments

• 20220115-AMG-GAME-0253-FlightSimulator.jpg
    20220115-AMG-GAME-0253-FlightSimulator.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
  • 20220115-AMG-GAME-0260-FlightSimulator.jpg
    20220115-AMG-GAME-0260-FlightSimulator.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 20220115-AMG-GAME-0259-FlightSimulator.jpg
    20220115-AMG-GAME-0259-FlightSimulator.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220116-AMG-GAME-0261-FlightSimulator.jpg
    20220116-AMG-GAME-0261-FlightSimulator.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 133
Country
france
Hello. I know the subject is not directly to do with aerial imagery. But I have a problem with PowerShell that I open as administrator. I installed msfs-toolkit with OSGeo4W_v2 on C:\ and filled in the path correctly.

When I browse to go to disk F where I installed the LFSC folder, there are no problem.

As soon as I put this command msfs project -type scenery -id LFSC -name "marcstrasb-base-lfsc" -title "LFSC Base" -creator "marcstrasb" -aerial "LFSC Aerial Base" I have the following result (see the screenshot attached):

- CHCP is not recognized as an internal or external command
- OSGeo4W_v2 is not recognized and not installed!

When I say Y to install OSGeo4W_v2, the answer is that Curl is not recognized as an internal or external command.

How can I solve my problem? Thank you very much for your attention to read me and understand my problem!
Regards
Marc

Attachments

• PowerShell -2.jpg
    PowerShell -2.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 103
Country
italy
Non appena inserisco questo comando msfs project -type scenario -id LFSC -name "marcstrasb-base-lfsc" -title "LFSC Base" -creator "marcstrasb" -aerial "LFSC Aerial Base" ho il seguente risultato (vedi il screenshot allegato):
Hi,

One thing at a time ...
in Powershell (not needed as administrator) you did not enter ". \" before msfs project

.\msfs project -type scenery -id LFSC -name "marcstrasb-base-lfsc" -title "LFSC Base" -creator "marcstrasb" -aerial "LFSC Aerial Base"

Regards

Country
france
Thank you for your help ! I did as you said by putting ".\" in front or doing with the full path of the exe, I end up with this answer: CHCP is not an internal or external command.

Regards,
Marc

Country
italy
Thank you for your help ! I did as you said by putting ".\" in front or doing with the full path of the exe, I end up with this answer: CHCP is not an internal or external command.

Regards,
Marc
Run Sfc Scannow from Windows
The SFC utility can of course be launched from the Windows command prompt while the operating system is running.
To proceed, just type cmd in the Windows search box then press the CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER key combination to open the command prompt with administrator rights.

By typing sfc / scannow, Windows will check the integrity of each system file and restore any items that may be damaged.

When the system scan is complete, SFC will indicate
- that no file integrity issues were found
- that discrepancies have been found and are automatically corrected
- that problems have been identified but it has not been possible to solve them (some or all of them)

Country
france
Thank you for your help and your response. I had already run sfc/scannow and repaired windows. I ran sfc /scannow again and the result is "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Computer Mysteries ! Today 25 Junuary PowerShell works without problem !

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Thanks to this toolkit I have beautiful and smooth elevations all over my airport grounds. The only problem I have left is there are about 3 places on my runway where I have 3 pretty large bumps. They are thankfully towards the middle of the runway so unless you have a long takeoff roll you don't really notice but still I want to smooth those out because they are very noticeable if you do hit them. I have tried rectangles with a large falloff and moving the Z axis to try and smooth them out but the bumps are still there. The runway profile editor looks nice and smooth to me. Any ideas of what I may be missing here?

Country
unitedstates
I continued exploring today and turned the rectangles into height maps where I was having the larger bumps. I used a very low hardness brush and used the smooth setting over these areas and the adjacent rectangle. This seems to have helped even though I had already done this. It was hours of adjustment and then checking in the sim by taxiing down the runway at 40-50 knots every time. Not fun at all but I think it's better. The runway is still slightly bumpy but that's a good thing. I seem to have been able to get rid of the ones that could lead to loss of aircraft control. There is one that is pretty stubborn but for my taste I think it's fixed.

Country
sweden
I get triangular holes like this one on some parts at the outer edge of the area and I'm not sure how to counter it. I've tried to make my shape file smaller and I see some difference after that but I'm not sure if I actually solved anything as some holes go away and others appear instead. Any ideas?
My resolution is set to 5 (from a 0.5 set) and the falloff is 100.
Skärmbild 2022-01-27 214639.jpg

This is what my shape look like in Qgis:
Skärmbild 2022-01-27 214653.jpg

Country
china
Hello,Paavo. Thank you for making this tool for us. I've created the MSFS height map rectangles with the airport elevation tool elev successfully, just as the P1 shows. The P2 is default terrain. The P3 is the real airport which I need to create for MSFS. As you can see what P1 shows, the airport is distorted. So I try to exclude it with polygon and your tool. But when I do it, a error just like the P4 shows. Do you know how to modify the code?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Country
china
Thanks you @Paavo, :wave:
with the -exclude option in MSFS Toolkit version 0.47 add another piece for this great tool.

Excluded Areas​

When developing a regional terrain that covers multiple airports (without including them), you may want to cut out holes around airports to avoid conflicts with third party airport packages.

You can use -exclude option to assign a vector file with polygons that define excluded areas. All heightmap rectangles overlapping with those polygons will be skipped.

Border (red) + exclusion (yellow) = grid (green) Border (red) + exclusion (yellow) = grid (green)
Hello, Bavarello. I've tried to used this tool to exclude my airport, but it give an error: Terminating translation prematurely after failed translation of layer polygon, just as the picture shows.
Maybe the code is wrong. So do you know how to modify this code?

4.jpg

Country
italy
Ciao @Shushengerdai,
Hello
can you attach the string you fed to Powershell? I think there is an error in your file except (.shp) attach this as well.
Create a folder on Onedrive and put all your project including the .tif so I can download it for verification.

Country
unitedstates
Does this tool for mesh have limits?
I produced an area with 1m mesh.xml wise and the file was over 8gb.
But would not compile?