• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Toolkit by Nool Aerosystems

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
and there are important news also on the license of use. :rolleyes:
Wow, 189 EUR per year. That's not cheap to just create an aerial photo. Too expensive for freeware developers, in my opinion.

Hello dear developers of MSFS (Asobo) :wave:
Now would be the perfect time to share your aerial imaging tools with us 🙂

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
just create an aerial photo.
There are a few ways to create photo derived ground, even using an X-plane tool, Ortho4XP. I think the nool tool allows people to create 3d terrain, for which there is no other algorithmic tool. This is possible to do for MSFS, I experimented with it long ago, using QGIS by essentially creating a "normal" map. While it worked and was extremely coarse, it seemed likely it could be improved upon. This, I believe is what makes nool tool so unique, is a "turnkey" ability to make detailed terrain from available data sources. I've seen no need to adjust terrain beyond the polygon level, so I cannot speak to the tool's value, but to me, the price explanation suggests the legal case has entered the "war of attrition" stage.

Here's a way to create msfs cgl:

Personally, I don't use Ortho4XP, as it's resolution does not seem to be as precise as QGIS. Another contributor wrote a post detailing this particular adaptation of Augustin's technique, if I can find it I will edit this post, if I can't, it's not very hard to figure out how to substitute QGIS in the Ortho4XP stage. or just go with Ortho4XP. The imagery is perfectly adequate and the software is simple and allows us to quickly compare source providers with just click or two, which QGIS can't really do.

Country
italy
To create terrain meshes, on small areas and on large areas, msfs-toolkit is in this irreplaceable at the present moment ... but with all due respect to @Paavo, to develop something add-on freeware ... that's the end of the fun.
At this point the ball passes into the MS/Asobo boys' field as @Christian Bahr already said.

Country
unitedkingdom
Well, at least it's back and alive again.

The pricing is... eccentric.

As of now it would be handy to have a CGL tutorial that's actually comprehensible to a normal human.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Again with all due respect to this developer and I urge people to support him, his is not the only route, just the best. It is possible to edit terrain with existing tools and here is but one small example. If it is something you are into, I endorse all developers to explore more.

Just take a look at the file extensions in the Package:

image-1598864373219.png

Country
us-northcarolina
Oh come on folks, SOMEONE here has to be able to create a similar/more reasonably priced tool that can do the same things. There are no other methods to get decent terrain data/runway slope into MSFS at this point.

Country
netherlandsantilles
sad news all i wanted to do was do satellite images for my home airport TNCA small island the whole island can be done its pretty small i wish this tool is avaliable to do this. Now to pay that fee just for my personal project pff no way, thanks to the pirated devs, it would have been better to release custom coded of traceable exe.

anyways anyone wanna create Aruba island with google images for me? Ill pay for your work since it be cheaper then the new fee.

Country
italy
Country
unitedstates
I too have sent a request to no avail. Are we all still in the same boat, unable to import DEM into our projects? It’s silly to think no one else has cracked such a vital feature, especially in an advanced sim such as this.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I have been getting a security alert about blocked connections to httpd.exe inside the directory msfs-toolkit-0.50 and I finally renamed the file to no longer be an executable.