• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Newb to Scenery Development

Messages
6
Country
us-indiana
Hello all,
I have recently installed P3D v3 having been a long time MS Flight Sim user but this is my first experience with P3D. I still have FSX (boxed) installed and running and was trying to use some of the same custom sceneries that I have for FSX in P3D.

The issue I am having currently was that the taxiways were not being drawn in P3D. This has been pretty well documented and the fix was fairly simple. Installed the SDK, ADEX and applied the fix. However, when I recompiled the scenery, I received a warning about "black scenery objects" and that even if I compiled the scenery that the objects would not show unless I have them in a library.

To add to the mix, the scenery that I am using was made by a close friend for our personal use. It contains custom buildings that he built. Sadly, he passed away 2 years ago. I would like to continue to use his scenery but do not have a library of the custom buildings. Is there any way to export the custom buildings in the scenery and build a library for personal use or a way to compile the scenery while retaining the custom buildings that were already included?

Thank you for any assistance,
Bill
 
I believe I was able to successfully import the scenery objects in to the ADEX library. The scenery objects appear in the Objects Library and I no longer get the warning when I compile the scenery but they still do not show up in P3D.

When I try to place the object using ADEX it appears to save but when I compile the scenery it still doesn't show in the sim and it appears to remove the exclude from the bgl also because scenery objects that are on the stock P3D airport now appear.

I'm confused.
 
Back
Top